Reference No. TVET-SSP 2021/063
The Technical Advisor Competency-based Training & Assessment (CBT&A)
- Supports planning, coordination and delivery of competency-based training in implementation region and smooth accomplishment of CBT targets as per programme indicators in reintegration component.
- Coordinates within the module with colleagues gathering the private sector demand for skills and engages in the assessment of private sector demands in the region of activity of the component
- Supports relevant training providers and private sector organizations to jointly plan and coordinate training implementation in selected economic sectors in cooperation with the technical team.
- Ensures operational planning sessions with relevant partner organizations in the sector and in the field of CBT&A in implementation region.
- Advises the relevant training providers and private sector organizations in selecting CBT qualifications and defines suitable training pathways as well as appropriate training institutes and enterprises for training delivery in cooperation with the technical team.
- Supports the training delivery of young adults and young people in coordination with the technical team.
- Facilitates the timely assessment activities and processes in the completion of the training cycle up to the issuance of certificates.
- Facilitates the technical team in employment promotion, career development and entrepreneurship areas for providing input as per the potential of the targeted economic sectors.
- Introduces quality assurance measures in the training institutes and enterprises involved in training implementation.
- Supports provincial team members in CBT&A and NVQF related advisory activities, such as NVQF registry, operationalization of NVQF manuals, teaching methodologies, assessment procedures and training documentation.
- Supports the development of tools and approaches in planning and training delivery.
- Drafts technical documents for the component and module’s support, and conducts training and job placement measures through selected training providers and BIAs
- Supervises the compliance of any agreements reached with training providers and employers
- Shares tools and approaches with the technical team and relevant partner organizations.
- Supports the monitoring and evaluations measures for enhancing training quality in coordination with the National Coordinator Reintegration and other colleagues from the module working on this topic.
- Coordinates with the programme and shares lessons learnt from the implementation.
- Supports capacity and knowledge building of national counterparts through job trainings, workshops on knowledge sharing and reports and setting up activities to the benefit of returnees.
- Ensures a good communication and information flow within the module and within GIZ and with all local and international partners.
- Updates relevant folders of the GIZ (DMS and Public Folder) knowledge management to facilitate access to key information for tenders and other purposes such as project references, performance confirmations from clients etc.
1. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Responsible for planning, coordination and delivery of RPL activities in the implementation region and accomplishment of RPL targets as per the indicators in reintegration component.
- Advises and supports relevant training providers and private sector organizations to jointly plan and coordinate training implementation in selected economic sectors in cooperation with the technical team.
- Supports the National Coordinator, relevant partners and private sector organizations to jointly plan and coordinate activities’ implementation in selected economic sectors in cooperation with the technical team.
- Coordinates with TVET SSP, partner organizations and Qualification Awarding Bodies (QABs) for pool of assessors and assessment centres for the conduct of RPL.
- Coordinates with the Communication Advisor for outreach activities to support the identification of a pool of candidates for RPL enrollment.
- Supports the complete cycle of RPL with respect to counterpart, QABs, TEVTA and partnering organization/s.
2. Stakeholder Cooperation and Coordination
- Supports the National Coordinator Reintegration in coordinating and cooperating with partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders to maintain good working relationships and to cooperate towards the component’s objectives.
- Supports the establishment of structures, processes, and communication channels with the relevant stakeholders under the supervision of the National Coordinator Reintegration
- Coordinates under the supervision of the National Coordinator Reintegration with other components within the module and with other GIZ projects providing career advisory services to the target group
3. Knowledge Management and Support Areas
- Supports the Technical Advisor Reintegration and M&E in tracking the number and the reintegration/ migration of beneficiaries in their specific sectors with respect to the relevant component indicators.
- Advises the partnering institutes, organizations and QABs in a timely update of assessed graduates in the NSIS and NVQF registry and in the issuance of the relevant certificates.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the direct superior and programme management
C. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Master’s degree in social sciences or any other project related field; qualification in business administration (equivalent of MBA).
- At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position in the field of technical training, CBTA, RPL.
- Proven expertise of training implementation specifically in skills development.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good understanding of development cooperation and advisory approaches.
- Excellent understanding of reintegration, TVET and CBT&A, employment promotion and capacity building and skills development approaches.
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (MS Office).
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of the English and of the Urdu language.
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to cooperate with various stakeholders from the public and the private sector.
- Willingness to improve existing skills and gain new skills as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Good public relations, marketing and communication skills.