Global Engineering Services (GES) is an electronic hardware design Services Company headquartered in Lahore Pakistan, working as an offshore office of Whizz Systems Inc, USA. Since opening our doors in 1999, we have developed a reputation for consistently delivering quality on time. GES’s electronic design services are a natural extension of your organization. From FPGA design to embedded software development, hardware/software code design and PCB design, GES offers a range of electronic design services.
GES serves as a natural extension of your organization to achieve fast time-to-market for innovative electronic end-products. As an external resource for electronic design services, GES integrates smoothly into your operations. The company offers on-going support, forming long-term relationships with its client base.
We have a vast pool of educated and talented individuals. The Human Excellence Department is specifically trained to select effective employees through a rigid hiring process. Upon being selected, the employee is put through a series of training sessions to ensure that they will provide quality services consistently.
We are inviting applicants for Sr. Software Engineer immediate hiring.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer, you will play a central role in the design and development of the GBS products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for development and a strong background in building dynamic, high-volume web applications with Java using an Agile development methodology. As a fast-paced company, we look for self-starters with a can-do attitude who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. In this role, you work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also a must. And most importantly we look for people that can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver because it’s a lot more fun to get things done.
- Design and develop enterprise class business applications and integration solutions using Java/J2EE.
- Must have a computer science/software engineering background (degree and/or experience)
- Knowledge and experience using enterprise application, integration and design patterns
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Constantly be learning and pushing your understanding of the technology, techniques and tricks of software development
- Build and tune high-performance systems that support thousands of concurrent users and millions of transactions per week
- Hands-on development and Unit/Integration testing
- 5+ years of software development experience on large scale, high-volume web applications
- Proficient with open source Java technologies like Spring, ActiveMQ, BPM, Maven
- Proficient working with relational databases as well as NoSQL technologies like Redis and Riak
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices
- Strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency and memory management
- Experience with writing both unit tests and integration tests
- Strong algorithmic and object-oriented design skills
- Experience with MySQL handling large data tables
Bonus points for:
- Experience with clustered application deployment
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Experience working with and creating elastic deployment models utilizing AWS & Docker
- Oracle Certified Java Professional
- Experience with JMeter for Automated/Load testing