A US based Company in Peshawar is looking for a technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual with strong, hands-on Oracle database administration skills to administer, tune, and maintain our OLTP/ Data Warehouse and Back-Office databases. This person will play a key role in ensuring the availability, performance and security of the databases. The responsibilities of this position will include performance monitoring, automation of database related processes; and working with cross-functional teams in a highly collaborative environment. This individual will play an active role in all aspects of database administration and will provide database administration support, review database design and integration of systems, provide backup recovery, and make recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Production and Staging Administration
- Database Performance Tuning
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products
- Database Loading
- Development and Management of SOPs
- Environment Management
- Database Health (e.g. monitoring, proactive and reactive responses)
- Backup and Recovery Strategy Planning and Implementation
- Database Upgrade Planning
- The Database Administrator position will require an understanding of the following Oracle products:
- Oracle Database 10g & 11g
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle Grid Control
- Oracle ASM
- Oracle Streams
- Oracle DataGuard
- Candidates also having hands-on knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server would be preferred.
Performance and Tuning:
- Review statistics regularly and at pre-defined intervals Proactive tuning of database instance tuning, memory, I/O, and CPU usage.
- Database instance tuning via interpreting Oracle system internal views.
- Database tuning for optimal performance
- Expert understanding of Oracle database administration best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization, and use of hints)
- Maintain performance data archive for historical and planning analysis
- Monitor and evaluate database resource consumption
- Ability to perform SQL optimization by generating traces and interprets trace results; and is able to offer findings and recommendations