This is a Technical position responsible for the configuration, installation, operations, support, and security of the Company’s databases. This position requires 3-5 years of experience in both SQL Server operations and Business Intelligence development skills. Develop a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Experience with MS SQL server suite: SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS
- Fluent in designing OLAP cubes and associated relational model
- Large data storage solution management
- Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence systems operation and maintenance
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Cube development and maintenance
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services ETL process development and maintenance
- Develop a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Proven experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Proven experience with backups, restores, and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Certification is highly desired including but not limited to MCDBA.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, (2012 is a plus)
please do not apply if you are not cisco certified