· Carrying out electrical building services engineering design, from concept design through to construction issue and post contract site support.
· Establishing designs for power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, and special systems including determination of associated load, fault current and voltage drop calculations
· Preparing technical specifications and drawings including CAD
· Design according to local utilities rules, regulations and design guides and obtain necessary statutory approvals
· Carrying out design reviews at appropriate intervals during the design process
· Carrying out detailed design coordination with other disciplines (e.g. Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers and other design consultants)
· Carrying out site works and attending site meetings as required (e.g. to resolve construction problems)
· Managing other professionals on a project basis (engineers, AutoCAD technicians, and support staff) and ensuring that work produced is to the required quality, produced on time, and within man-hour budget
· Responding to RFPs and RFIs, conducting technical and commercial reviews of specialist suppliers and contractors and their submissions
· Drive continuous improvement efforts for existing solutions as well as take an active role in solution innovation
· Takes responsibility for ongoing efforts to enhance the interaction and communication between commercial and different delivery teams.