An international leading company with offices in the 6 continents and with 20 years experience on thousands of projects worldwide providing variable work force solutions and engineering services to the Power Generation and Oil & Gas industries.
We are currently seeking professionals with experience in power plant operations to work in a world-class power generation facility in Iraq and we interested in those with the following backgrounds:
Reporting to: Shift Charge Engineer
The Control room operator shall be fully responsible for safe and efficient operation of plant in all operating conditions within the technical limits as outlined in PPA, GSA and in operating procedures following the best practices of the power industry. Strictly adheres to all safety rules; lockout/tag out, work permit guidelines, confined space entry and similar policies put in place to protect the employee’s health and safety.
Monitors device operation and power production at the control console/station. Records operating data in logs, maintains records. Starts stops and operates device in accordance with site Operating Procedures and as per the direction of Shift supervisor.
- To understand and respond accordingly various alarm and process conditions.
- To diagnose malfunctions in machinery and device and effectively communicate with the Shift Supervisor.
- To raise work order & communicate with maintenance department as per the advice of shift supervisor about malfunctions in machines and device.
- To maintain a log of all shift activities carried out during his shift.
- To assist shift supervisor in compiling the operation reports such as daily shift report, event summaries and trip reports.
- To read meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
- To record data such as temperature of device, hours of operation, temperature or pressure, and fluid levels at specified intervals.
- To meet operational schedules by distributing power demands among the generators and starting or stopping generating units and connecting or disconnecting them from circuits, units, boilers and open or close valves etc.
- To read and understand technical manuals and system piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- To read, understand, and ensure compliance with all plant safety and regulatory procedures.
- To perform the duties of shift supervisor under specific instructions of the plant management.
- Additional duties as assigned by shift supervisor.
- To understand OH&S risks / hazards and environmental / legislative aspect / impacts related to work activities.
- To ensure the proper housekeeping of his designated plant area