As a Manager, you will perform on, and lead client engagement teams, occasionally working under the supervision of a Partner to develop work product, lead specific project initiatives, and act as a subject matter expert on consulting projects. You will be responsible for leading key initiatives across the GTCPL portfolio. You may manage several key project initiatives and participate in assignments in various functional business areas. You may perform many functions including Strategy Development, Research and Analysis, Process Reviews and Redesign, implementing improvements and change; along with providing Consulting and Project Management services to senior leaders across the organization.
Major Role Responsibilites
- Understand business objective of the client by participating in direct meetings with the client, business sponsor or stakeholder of the particular initiative that is being advised upon.
- Assignment execution based on staff planning and estimation undertaken during the proposal stage, till the assignment completion and client feedback stage.
- Continuous marketing and pitching for all service lines for business development.
- Involvement in potential technical advisory assignments relating to compliance, business risk, corporate restructuring, business process reengineering, business continuity planning, and financial reporting and control framework for clients, including banks and financial institutions.
- Actively drive and own RFP and proposal processes.
- Suggest and perform transactional analysis relevant to industry and client needs using data checked for internal consistency and accuracy.
- Use research tools to source and interpret data and information on targets, clients and their business environment to support Deal Advisory, Marketing and proposal making.
- Apply technical knowledge in interpreting project findings and communicating them to the client in an appropriate format.
- Builds knowledge of the parties to a transaction and demonstrates the ability to explain the mechanics of the deal.
- Manage client interaction on projects, with high levels of direct interaction with C-Level staff members.
- Understands the rationale for a transaction and the basis of valuation, and uses this knowledge to deliver valued advice which meets client needs.
- Interprets results from analysis and reports on the implications on the deal and the client, including possible solutions.
- Focus on creating new business opportunities with new and existing clients,
- Provide high-quality services and guidance to the clients, partners, and employees
- Help and motivate employees to achieve engagements
- Balance employee needs with the organizational needs
- Update professional knowledge, expertise, and skills on regular basis to stay current and apply best practices to own work
- Builds knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint functionality and application techniques and uses it to analyze data and report to clients.
- Well versed in qualitative & quantitative research techniques.
- Ability to conduct literature reviews, secondary data collection & analysis.
- Understanding of the financial, development or power sector and broader monetary and social policy dynamics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools (power point, word and excel). Hands on experience with statistical packages for data analysis will be preferred.
- Ability to develop presentations, generate reports and analyze data.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Urdu and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving, and analytical & conceptual thinking skills
- Experience leading multiple engagements and client service teams as well as developing and mentoring staff within a collaborative team environment
- Strong multitasking skills, with an ability to manage deadlines effectively.
- Strong staff management skills.
- Good client interaction skills.
- A self-starter and a team player with integrity.
- Ability to come up with creative solutions for obstacles faced.
- Strong work ethics (assuming responsibility, proactive professional behavior).
- 7+ years of formal experience, in procuring, managing and leading consulting assignments as part of an advisory, professional services firm, or think tank, coupled with experience with public sector agencies and corporations preferably in management/financial consulting.
- Experience with external stakeholders, such as banks, NGOs, donors, multi/bilateral/government agencies etc. will be an added advantage