Founded in 1996, GCS Information Technology Services, Inc. is a leading Managed Service Provider of helpdesk, desktop support, network, hosting, data backup, disaster recovery, business continuity support, virtual CIO consulting, and services. Our mission is to make technology work for our clients, whether that means implementing an onsite helpdesk, providing break/fix services, hosting complex applications, conducting network security audits at regular intervals, ensuring disaster recovery plans are in place, and/or resolving problems with servers. GCS helps companies realize the full value of information technology from anywhere at any time.
- The Information Technology Project Manager will plan, establish, and manage information technology (IT) projects and will serve as a liaison between the business and technical aspects of assigned projects.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Minimizes risk exposure on project
- Manages all meetings of the working group.
- Serves as the primary contact and ensures appropriate liaison with the team leads and management
- Develops business cases for projects which have been agreed as part of the Digital Operations roadmap or other projects as assigned.
- Manages structured projects in line with prescribed project management standards with a defined scope, ensuring project deliverables are brought in on time, within budget, and quality targets.
- Is responsible for motivating and leading project team members.
- Prepare reports for management.
- Identifies when projects appear to be deviating from plan or objectives and raise issues and proposed solutions with management; taking appropriate corrective action to ensure delivery remains on track
- Manages conflicting priorities involved with completing a project successfully
- Provides business analysis by working with stakeholders and end-users to define and refine requirements, support functional and integration testing, training, implementation, end-user roll out, and project completion monitoring.
- Works together with stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand their problems and needs.
- Gathers, documents, analyzes, and prioritizes business needs and requirements
Qualifications for Project Manager
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- 5-8 years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline