· Focus on the Health and Safety of the workforce
· Plan, evaluate and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency and output. Develop a competent and superior workforce and department with the aim to of continuous improvement in mind.
· Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
· Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
· Review performance data that includes financial, sales, and activity reports and spreadsheets, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
· Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
· Communicate regularly with other managers, directors and/or other designated contacts within the organization as per the need of the business.
· Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
· Manage outsourced functions
· Oversee the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
· Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
· Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
· Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
· Maintain banking relationships
· Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure
· Arrange for equity and debt financing
· Invest funds
· Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
· Manage the preparation of the company's budget
· Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
· Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
· Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
· Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
· Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
· Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
· Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
· Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals
· Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
· Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
· Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
· Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
· Responsible for all Direct and Indirect Tax processes and compliance, including corporate tax, transfer pricing, ICDS and withholding tax of group companies.
· To ensure that all taxation filing deadlines of the business are met.
· To collate relevant information to compute taxable profits.
· To prepare computations of taxable profit.
· To liaise with the Treasury department to ensure sufficient cash flow for the tax payment made before the deadline.
· Responsible for timely calculation and deposition of Advance Tax.
· Responsible for proper tax filing and tax documents in relation to Direct tax compliance.
· Timely preparation and submission of reply to notices received from Income Tax Authorities.
· Advise and provide updates to internal departments within the organization related to new development in direct tax laws and changes in regulation of direct tax.
· Discussion with Managements for Tax Planning, Risk, litigation and area of Improvements required in the organization.
· Preparation of tax audit schedule and coordination with tax auditors to finalize tax audit.
· Review of Day to Day Taxation Accounting and reconciliation with tax returns.
· Provide MIS related to taxation matter on monthly basic ad risk assessments.
· Preparation of transfer pricing audit schedule and coordination with auditors to finalize transfer pricing audit.
· Tax reporting to group
· Oversee the extension of credit to customers
· Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the Company.