What is the opportunity?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- In this role, you will be a part of our GSS team as an Executive Assistant you will provide administrative assistance for the CEO in the Performance Enablement space. Personal Assistants help top executives with their everyday activities, and ensure they make the best use of their time by handling clerical and administrative tasks. Common duties would be to answer phone calls, organizing meetings, making travel arrangements, handling mail and liaising with clients. The job might well also include tactfully making sure the executive stays on schedule, without getting distracted.
- As the Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for acting as the key contact person for the CEO. This includes screening calls, creating and maintaining distribution lists, booking meeting rooms and scheduling meetings and creating presentations. You will also be responsible for monitoring an inbox to help manage meeting proposals, action items and address and delegate inquiries. Additionally, you will be managing the CEO’s calendar and coordinating incoming and outgoing mail. At times you will be providing clients with exceptional service in an efficient and professional manner.
- That means supervising and training other office staff, and also tackling tasks that could have a dramatic effect on the success of the company. They often conduct research and prepare reports that influence company policy. These responsibilities mean that executive assistants must thoroughly understand their employer’s work. As a result, they can also act as a liaison between the executive and the rest of the clerical staff.
- Interpersonal Skills Strong interpersonal skills are also a necessity for interacting with clients, training other administrative staff, and working with CEOs and top-level managers. Since executive assistants often handle sensitive company information, it is important to not only be able to maintain proper confidentiality but also to always behave in a way that suggests personal discretion and integrity. In short, it is necessary to inspire trust.
- Time Management An executive assistant needs not only to handle his or her own time well but also that of the boss. That means coordinating the needs and demands of multiple people to create a workable schedule and then often changing that schedule on short notice as situations change. As a personal assistant, a large part of your job will be to keep someone else organized and on schedule. You must, therefore, be well-organized yourself. Fortunately, organization can be learned. There are specific techniques you can adapt to make your use of time more efficient and to otherwise keep your life and that of your manager in order.
- Research Skills Research is itself a skill, requiring a familiarity with multiple search engines as well as the information resources that are relevant in the particular fields of interest to the company. Without these abilities, an executive assistant would not be able to prepare the reports the executive needs. Which software you’ll have to handle might vary, but will likely include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, calendars, desktop publishing, and PowerPoint, or something equivalent. Being able to provide at least minimal tech support is a plus. You may have to evaluate several different programs and apps to choose for yourself which provides the best tools to accomplish your manager’s objectives. Always, your job is to make your manager’s job easier and simpler, and that might require a lot of behind-the-scenes problem-solving.
- Written and Verbal Communication You will have to understand and follow instructions, and you will have to transmit information clearly and honestly. Depending on the details of your position, you might also have to welcome clients, reply to correspondence, or create reports and presentations. All of these tasks require top-notch communication skills including speaking and writing, listening, and reading.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail Attention to detail is a critical component of both staying organized and communicating well. Vagueness or inaccuracy create inefficiency at best, and could also cause serious mistakes or alienate your manager’s colleagues.
- Tact and Discretion As a personal assistant, you will frequently be exposed to sensitive material, from trade secrets to highly personal information that you will need to keep confidential.
- A related skill is tact, the ability to react gently or not at all to information that other people might find difficult or embarrassing. You must, in other words, be a safe person for your CEO to be vulnerable with. After all, only you will know how Reports
- Coordinating Video and Audio Conference Calls
- Creating and Maintaining Databases
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Office Equipment
- Administrative Support
- Calendar Management
- Client Relations
- Designing and Maintaining Filing System
- Organizing Meetings
- Maintain Calendars
- Record Keeping
- Travel Arrangements
- Event Planning
- Preparing Reports
- Processing Expense Reports
- Taking Meeting Minutes
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Managing Relationships with Clients
- Processing Telephone Calls and Requests
- Written/Verbal Communications
- Personal Characteristics
- Active Listening
- Ability to Follow Directions
- Ability to Work Independently
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- Follow Through
- Good Judgment
- Maintaining Confidential Information
- Meeting Deadlines
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Self Confidence
- Time Management
- Working Quickly
- Working Well Under Pressure
Core Duties Tasks:
- Plan and supervise all personal travel arrangements including: air travel, ground transportation, and accommodations.
- Maintain and manage activities, commitments, and deliveries.
- Plan the time table schedule of business, personal and weekend events.
- Efficiently manage telephone calls, emails and collected/ sort mail.
- Schedule and coordinate creative and educational activities weekly.
- Core skills acquired; adaptability, planning and organizing, and good communication skills.
- Provide employees with directions and background information on service.
- Manage and schedule complex calendar for business CEO.
- Streamlined agendas and accomplish establishing overall company policy process.
- Maintain purchases, returns, gifts, invitations, thank you cards, expenses.
- Schedule and organize real estate closings, client meetings and travel arrangements and conferences.
- Detailed orientated assignments.
- Revise and duplicate contracts and leases.
- Respond to phone requests for information about our services by sending standardized information packets.
- Utilizing time management skills to allow executive to focus on day-to-day operations.
- Screen and prioritize incoming requests, directing to appropriate departments as needed; personally addressed issues, concerns and resolved problems.
- Provide administrative support to company and personal support to Chairman and family
- Plan and organize events onboard; coordinated with outside vendors such as local hotels, marinas, and entertainment while maintaining open dialogue with clients to ensure smooth running events.
- Ability to assess needs of the client and requirements daily activity.
- Formulated action plans to achieve them effectively
- Maintained daily task list, arranged meeting, and made appointments with individuals on a priority basis.
- Obtained, completed, filed all documentation for immigration, tax accountability, insurance, corporate and personal billing, business pursuits; maintained records of employee info, client contact.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in relevant field, plus demonstrated management qualifications might suffice.
- A minimum of 1 years' experience in Administration, working along a team in day-to-day operations in a fast -paced environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a Firm.
- Ability to prioritize high volume; competing priorities for multiple stakeholders and in turn deliver balance of advice and counsel with strong execution capabilities.
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills combined with a consultative mindset.
- Prior experience with candidate relationship management systems.
- Ability to understand, assess and respond to complex situations and provide strategic solutions.
- Strong business acumen and consulting orientation at the executive level.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Accepts and successfully executes change, working in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
GSS Intertrade is the leading provider for commercial products and services to the customers located throughout the Middle East & South Asia. Our vast catalogue of products is offered to all customers at the best value price, quickest delivery time, and backed with warranties and guarantees. We provide "Total Supply Chain Management" from all logistics functions: transportation by Land, Sea, or Air; Warehousing and Storage; Procurement from Local to Global Sources, & the Operational Management Structure. GSS InterTrade provides and maintains stocks of high demand from customers in the industries; food and hospitality, commercial furniture, plantation and gardening, building construction. For more information, please visit ********************************************
Safe-Environment In seeking to provide a safe work environment for all staff, GSS Intertrade maintains a violence-free work environment. Any type of violent behavior committed by or against staff members will not be tolerated. Inventory Managers are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and in accordance with the Code of Conduct. Intimidating, threatening or violent behavior against other GSS staff, vendors, clients, or property, whether committed by supervisors, non-supervisory staff, or non-employees, during work or off-duty hours, will not be tolerated.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
GSS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, or any other legally-protected factors.