Supervise the finance team on a day to day basis ensuring that work is prioritised to meet deadlines.
1.Coordinate workload for the team, ensure viable staff cover of the department and provide support and training as appropriate.
2. Produce monthly management accounts for all departments in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Produce weekly sales statistics for circulation to management relating to the Guild’s main commercial activities and other areas that require regular monitoring.
4. Ensure the efficient and effective processing of all transactions associated with the Sales Ledger function.
5. Carry out bank reconciliations for all of the Guild’s bank accounts, investigating any unusual items and preparing them for review by the Finance Manager.
6.Take responsibility for the development of the Guild’s Access Dimensions accounting package, including improving processing efficiency via integration with other Guild systems; rolling out the package to budget holders & student groups and implementing staged improvements as identified.
7. To ensure the timely and accurate preparation of payroll processing data for authorisation by the Finance Manager.