Job Title: Junior Finance & Administration Officer; Duration: 9-month contract (extendable); Organization: Hanns Seidel Foundation, Pakistan Office
Background: Hanns Seidel Foundation (HSF) is Pakistan's distinguished partner on good governance, the rule of law, and contacts with Germany. The German political foundation stands for a comprehensive approach in the field of development cooperation, and it has been active in Pakistan since 1983. Since then, HSF has been collaborating with the secretariats of both parliamentary chambers as well as with research institutes, think-tanks, and universities for the purpose of strengthening democratic structures in Pakistan.
Position Objectives: The Foundation is looking for a Junior Finance & Administration Officer at the earliest possible date. The Officer will work in collaboration with the Head of Finance & Administration in the areas of finance, accounting, and administration.
- Computing and processing of all types of taxes and dealing with FBR related tasks
- Assistance in annual tax return preparations
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing and interpreting data
- Assistance in book keeping
- Assistance in the management of monthly and yearend accounts
- Assistance in preparation of monthly and annual financial reports
- Reconciliation of bank statements, accounts payable and receivable
- Facilitating the work of internal and external audits and ensuring that financial records are properly maintained and readily available during audit
- Assistance in accounting, finance and administrative components of HSF Pakistan’s program activities
- Checking bills for their conformity with HSF’s rules and regulations and partner agreements
- National and international travel for administrative and financial handling of activities
- Filing and maintaining of finance, accounting and project documents
These key responsibilities are subject to change. Any changes will be made in consultation with the jobholder and in lne with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience in finance and accounting
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like QuickBooks or FreshBooks
- Experience in general ledger functions
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures including International Accounting Standards (IASs)
- Excellent analytical and numerical understanding and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Result-oriented practical approach with multi-tasking ability
- Advanced time management skills
- Strong ethics with the ability to manage confidential data
- Ability to work on tight deadlines, cross-culturally, and with high-level stakeholders
- Work experience in the field of taxation are considered as an added advantage
Application Documents Required:
- Motivational letter in English (max one A4 page)
- CV in English (max two A4 pages)
- A brief description of the local tax system with a focus on withholding income tax and sales tax in English (max one A4 page)
- Copies of supporting documents, such as university degrees, job certificates, or work samples in English or German (max ten A4 pages)
The application documents must be submitted in the correct order (1-4), as one (1) single pdf file only, and send by e-mail to Islamabad[at]hss.de by Tuesday, 3 March 2020 at 23:59. All shortlisted candidates will be contacted by HSF Pakistan shortly afterwards.
Please note that incomplete or incorrect applications cannot possibly be considered, and kindly refrain from inquiries pertaining to the current status of the application process. Thank you very much and we are looking forward to hearing from you!