Job Title: Senior Program Manager
Location: Islamabad (frequent travel involved)
Duration: 1-year contract (extendable)
Organisation: Hanns Seidel Foundation, Pakistan Office
Hanns Seidel Foundation (HSF) is Pakistan’s distinguished partner on good governance, the rule of law, and contacts with Germany. The German political foundation stands for a comprehensive approach in the field of development cooperation, and it has been active in Pakistan since 1983.
Since then, HSF has been collaborating with the secretariats of both parliamentary chambers as well as with research institutes, think-tanks, and universities for the purpose of strengthening democratic structures in Pakistan.
Today, HSF is regularly involved in activities all over the country with a focus on the federal capital Islamabad, and the provincial capitals of Karachi, Lahore, Quetta and Peshawar.
The Foundation is looking for a Senior Program Manager at the earliest possible date. This Senior Program Manager will be responsible for the successful planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of its programs. He/she will coordinate people and processes to ensure that HSF’s projects are delivered on time within budget and within scope. Moreover, he/she will interact with German and Pakistani academia, politicians and government officials. The ideal candidate for this position develops efficient project strategies and tactics in a dynamic and challenging international setting.
· Ensure that all projects are executed on time, within scope, within budget by developing a detailed project plan to track progress
· Establish and maintain relationships with partners, collaborating institutions and political stakeholders in Pakistan and beyond
· Schedule and attend meetings with partners for efficient implementation
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
· Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
· Work with partners to produce studies on relevant political issues, including administrative tasks
· Prepare reports and detailed documentation on events, along with materials and articles for PR purposes
· Create and maintain a database of scholars relevant to the Foundation’s thematic areas
· General office tasks such as report writing
· Master’s degree in Social Science or similar with a strong understanding of political-strategic interactions
· A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in the development sector or political field
· Exceptional analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Solid planning, organization, problem solving, and decision-making skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to work conceptually, strategically, and systematically, both independently and as part of a team
· Working knowledge of different software including Microsoft Office
· Ability to work on tight deadlines, cross-culturally, and with high-level stakeholders
· Willingness to travel nationally and internationally, usually within South Asia, to Germany and the EU
· Knowledge of files management, transcription, and other administrative procedures
Application Documents Required:
· Motivational letter in English (max one A4 page)
· CV in English (max two A4 pages)
· Copies of supporting documents, such as university degrees, job certificates, or work samples in English or German (max ten A4 pages)
· Short analysis (max one A4 page) of the recent political development in Pakistan with an HSF relevant focus in English
The application must be submitted as (1) single pdf file and sent by e-mail to islamabad[at]hss.de by Monday, 2 December 2019 at 23:59. All shortlisted candidates will be contacted by HSF by 10 December 2019. HSF encourages women to apply.
Please note that incomplete or incorrect applications cannot be considered, and kindly refrain from enquiries pertaining to the current status of the application process.