The QA Software Tester is responsible for conducting functional/integration testing on all product lines/platforms, monitoring, reporting, and tracking defect resolution. The QA Software Tester will be involved in user story development, requirement/user stories reviews, estimate test efforts, and design discussions. He/She will work closely with software engineering, product development, and operations teams to author and execute test cases. The QA Software tester is responsible for creating and maintaining regression test suite.
- Design test plans and test cases based on testing requirements derived from reviewing user stories, product specifications, requirement documents, and discussions with Product Development, Software Engineering, and end users.
- Identify and validate overall software functionality is performing as expected.
- Verify end-to-end scenarios that users will be engaged in.
- Create test data as needed, input data based on the functional specifications, to evaluate the output and behavior for correctness.
- Execute test cases and compare the actual results against the expected results.
- Work closely with the QA Software Automation Engineer and other team members to create regression test cases suitable for automation.
- As part of an Agile Team, backlog reviews ,attend scrum meetings, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Effectively communicate project testing status to internal cross-functional teams in a timely manner.
- Track defects found during testing and report issues status and quality metrics to management.
- Create bug reports and communicate issues with Software Engineering team and other business stakeholders.
- Coordinate the user acceptance testing efforts with the business teams
- Triage production support issues and work with Operations, Product Management, and Software Engineering to resolve issues.
- Contribute to the overall efficiency of regression testing.
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of the platforms, systems, product configurations, and interfaces; becoming a product/functional expert over time.
- Provide process improvement recommendations for improving overall quality.
- Other duties as assigned.