Maintain the laboratory facilities, including dusting and carry out all laboratory preparatory and support functions for the relevant courses.
· Open and close the lab in time and provides for the general cleanliness, safety and security of the laboratory area.
· Responsible for dusting and cleaning of lab equipment and make sure the janitorial staff does not touch the equipment during cleaning of the lab.
· Reports maintenance problems as they occur.
· Establishes and enforces procedures for the use of the laboratory area and the use of equipment, supplies, materials, software and hardware.
· Addresses problems with students who do not follow established procedures or exhibit disruptive behavior.
· Assist teaches during practical
· Make sure equipment is not lost or damaged and must take responsibility of any failure regarding this.
· Ensure all equipment is functional all the time. Ensure necessary repair in timely manner.
· Maintains and inventories, equipment, materials, and supplies. Disposes surplus equipment and software in accordance with established procedures. Performs minor maintenance and repair on equipment and maintain contact with appropriate vendors to coordinates repairs.
· Communicating with instructors, and printing all the relevant course material.
· Supporting curricular development in collaboration with course instructors.
· Ensuring all safety and environment health and safety procedures are followed and all related compliance is maintained.
· Supervising part-time laboratory employees or interns when needed.