The research assistant will be working with the Applied Research Group at Harmony Technologies (Pvt) Ltd.
The research of the group focuses on the design and development of new met material devices for manipulation of electromagnetic fields.
The research sits at the interface between engineering, material sciences and physics and includes the development of new electromagnetic effects and materials in a wide frequency from low MHz up to the visible.
The research is a combination of theoretical studies, experimental verifications, design, synthesis and analysis.
- Analysis of the data and comparison with predictions of the theory by employing MATLB/MATHEMATICA and/or other numerical simulation tools.
- Setting up and solving mathematical problems
- Literature review and reference collections
- Preparing drafts for proposals and presentations
- Typing/writing research articles and reports
Manage academic research and administrative activities. This involves small scale project management to coordinating multiple aspects of work to meet deadlines
Develop ideas for generating research income and present detailed research proposals to senior researchers
Collaborate in the presentation of scientific reports and journal articles
Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and experimental techniques
Represent the research group at external meetings/seminars, either with other members of the group or alone.
Selection Criteria - Essentials: