Assist the Front Office Manager in organizing, directing, coordinating, supervising and controlling operations of the Front Office. Responsible for the operations of Front Office in the absence of the Front Office Manager. Interact with guests to attain optimum occupancy with a maximum average room rate while providing highest possible level of service to achieve highest guest satisfaction
1. Assist the Front Office Manager in organizing, directing, coordinating, supervising and controlling operations of the Front Office to ensure optimum occupancy with a maximum average room rate, highest standard of service and guest satisfaction.
2. Assist in achieving the laid down objectives, introducing appropriate changes and improvements, and maintaining quality services.
3. Assist in planning and preparation of annual budget by monitoring and accumulating historical data on a day-to-day basis which will provide a sound basis for future projections. Assist in monitoring and controlling, on an ongoing basis departmental costs to ensure performance against budget.
4. Coordinate and ensure smooth functioning of all the sections of Front Office including Main Entrance, Front Desk, Reservations, Executive Club, Concierge, Guest Relations, Communications and Business Centre.
5. Ensure that guests are given efficient personalized service according to their choice right from the stage of reservation, reception, check-in, occupancy, check-out, farewell and advance reservation at Hotel, Resorts and Suites at their next destinations. Special attention be paid to VIP / Long Staying / Repeat / Elderly / Children / Disabled / Visitors from different cultural backgrounds / Overseas Visitors / Unaccompanied Lady guests in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
6. Select and block rooms for VIP guests. Personally greet and escort these guests to their rooms.
7. Constantly review the expected arrivals for the day to identify possible no-shows in order to maximize room utilization.
8. Maintain strict supervision over the functioning and documentation by the Front Desk, such as Arrivals and Departures book, guest folios, registration cards, notice of change and accurate billing etc.
9. Ensure payment acceptance, check cashing, paid out and credit policies of the hotel are rigidly followed in order to minimize uncollectible bills.
10. Ensure follow up for payments :-
a) In-house guests for payment who exceed the credit limits.
b) Walk-in guests for overdue accounts.
c) Cash advance payment guests before their credit balance is exhausted.
d) Credit card payments before exceeding the approval obtained from the bank.
11. Ensure proper handling of cash, checks, petty cash vouchers and other vouchers in a safe and secure manner to minimize cash losses.
12. Ensure safe storage / delivery of valuables of the guests while reducing the hotel’s liability for lost or stolen items. Ensure record of all deposits and withdrawals from the Front Desk vault is maintained in the corresponding log book.
13. Ensure safe custody of all guest rooms and storage keys so as to ensure security of hotel assets and guest property. No unauthorized person is to be allowed entry in the guest rooms.
14. Supervise the functioning of concierge to provide timely and efficient services of pick up / drop of guests from / to the airport / railway station, handling of guest’s baggage, mail, messages and faxes to achieve high level of guest satisfaction
15. Supervise the functioning of reservation system to achieve highest possible room occupancy, up-to-date computerized statistical data, and records and display boards.
16. Supervise the Business Centre to provide efficient services of computer, Internet, e-mail, fax, photocopying etc. so as to achieve highest satisfaction of guests on business or official visit.
17. Supervise effectiveness and efficiency of internal / external communication system.
18. Ensure immediate action on guest complaints both to the satisfaction of the guests and the protection of the Hotel interests by reporting and following up with the Engineering Division, before the guest leaves the hotel. Major repairs should be immediately brought to the notice of the Front Office Manager / Rooms Division Manager.
19. Organize inspection of guest rooms on a continuous rotating basis to ensure cleanliness, good repair and security.
20. Organize reporting and reconciliation of discrepancies / damage / loss of property in the guest rooms etc.
21. Ensure accurate and timely submission and display of all required statistical data and performance reports
22. Ensure maintenance of log books for the purpose of recording and disseminating pertinent information and instructions to all concerned.
23. Carry out measuring of department’s performance against known best practices by completing once yearly or as needed, the Front Office Service Index Diagnostic Tool and submitting to the Front Office Manager / Rooms Division Manager laid down vide Standard Operating Procedures.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
NOTE: Any additional responsibilities can be added as and when it may required by management/ competent authority.
24. Prepare weekly work schedule of the team.
25. Organize orientation of new associates and training and development of all associates so that they can perform their functions more effectively.
26. Set a personal example for the associates by consistent and impartial behavior in all personnel matters, including discipline through respect.
27. Hold regular department meetings each month to review procedures and events which warrant careful handling and detailed explanation.
28. Responsible for supervising and monitoring AYS/Communication Officer and Bell Captain’s task & duties.
29. Perform all such functions as may be incidental or ancillary to the above functions.
30. Perform any other function as may be assigned by the management.
31. Provide necessary feedback on all important activities to the Front Office Manager / Rooms Division Manager.
The above job description reflects the items considered essential and necessary to describe the principal functions of the job position identified and shall NOT be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job position.