In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
· Properly rotate food products in order to keep spoilage and waste to a minimum.
· Ensure that all equipment in work area is properly cleaned.
· Perform other duties as required, i.e., special orders/buffet presentations and cross- training.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Thorough knowledge of pastry and dessert.
· Knowledge of accepted sanitation standards.
· Extensive experience with slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
· Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
· Must possess basic computational ability.
· Must possess basic computer skills.
· Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable).
· Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
· Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
· Ability to physically handle knives, pots, mirrors, or other display items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen. Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height (banquet kitchen, prep kitchen, bake shop, etc.). Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, buffalo chopper, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
· Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e., cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and sanitation practices.
· Ability to create, build, handle, and dismantle displays up to 8 feet high, including ice carvings.
· The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
· Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
· Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
· Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
· Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
NOTE: Any additional responsibilities can be added as and when it may required by management/ competent authority.
The above job description reflects the items considered essential and necessary to describe the principal functions of the job position identified and shall NOT be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this job position.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Minimum of two years experience as a pastry chef in a similar size operation.
Licenses or Certificates
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per company’s standards and employees hand book.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
· Understands the role of Pastry production in creating the excellent food and beverage experience
· Shows deep insight in identifying/anticipating and satisfying customer needs and expectations
· Works relentlessly to ensure professional, quality work standards
· Uses criticism constructively
Established in 1960 by a young and enterprising Mr. Sadruddin Hashwani, the Hashoo group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Through its founder's vision, strategic direction and unwavering commitment, the Hashoo Group has emerged as Pakistan's premium conglomerate with a diversified interna ...Read More