1. Assist in directing, coordinating, supervising and controlling operations of the Front Office to ensure optimum occupancy with a maximum average room rate, highest standard of service and guest satisfaction.
2. In the absence of the Senior Management during day and while performing the duties of Night Manager assume responsibility for controlling operations of the hotel in its entirety. Exercise strict control and supervision to ensure smooth functioning of all the Divisions / Departments. Ensure that all the associates are performing their duties efficiently at their assigned locations and the standard of service is not affected due to absence of the Senior Management so as to achieve highest guest satisfaction.
3. Ensure that guests are given efficient personalized service according to their choice right from the stage of reservation, reception, check-in, occupancy, check-out, farewell and advance reservation at Hotel, Resorts and Suites at their next destinations. Special attention be paid to VIP / Long Staying / Repeat / Elderly / Children / Disabled / Visitors from different cultural backgrounds / Overseas Visitors / Unaccompanied Lady guests in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
4. Select and block rooms for VIP guests. Personally greet and escort these guests to their rooms.
5. Constantly review the expected arrivals for the day to identify possible no-shows in order to maximize room utilization.
6. Arrange accommodation at a hotel, of the same category for guests that cannot be accommodated. Provide complimentary transport to such overflow guests.
7. Maintain strict supervision over the functioning and documentation by the Front Desk, such as Arrivals and Departures book, guest folios, registration cards, notice of change and accurate billing etc.
8. Ensure payment acceptance, check cashing, paid out and credit policies of the hotel are rigidly followed in order to minimize uncollectible bills.
9. Ensure follow up for payments :-
a) In-house guests for payment who exceed the credit limits.
b) Walk-in guests for overdue accounts.
c) Cash advance payment guests before their credit balance is exhausted.
d) Credit card payments before exceeding the approval obtained from the bank.
10. Ensure proper handling of cash, checks, petty cash vouchers and other vouchers in a safe and secure manner to minimize cash losses.
11. Ensure safe storage / delivery of valuables of the guests while reducing the hotel’s liability for lost or stolen items. Ensure record of all deposits and withdrawals from the Front Desk vault is maintained in the corresponding log book.
12. Ensure safe custody of all guest rooms and storage keys so as to ensure security of hotel assets and guest property. No unauthorized person is to be allowed entry in the guest rooms.
13. Supervise the functioning of concierge to provide timely and efficient services of pick up / drop of guests from / to the airport / railway station, handling of guest’s baggage, mail, messages and faxes to achieve high level of guest satisfaction.
14. Supervise the functioning of reservation system to achieve highest possible room occupancy, up-to-date computerized statistical data, records and display boards.
15. Supervise the Business Centre to provide efficient services of computer, Internet, e-mail, fax, photocopying etc. so as to achieve highest satisfaction of guests on business or official visit.
16. Supervise effectiveness and efficiency of internal / external communication system.
17. Keep abreast with the facilities and services provided by the hotel and daily operations of the Front Office in particular and the hotel in general including VIP / group arrivals, F & B promotions and banquet functions.
18. Ensure immediate action on guest complaints both to the satisfaction of the guests and the protection of the Hotel interests by reporting to the concerned department, before the guest leaves the hotel. Major repairs should be immediately brought to the notice of the Front Office Manager.
19. Organize reporting and reconciliation of discrepancies / damage / loss of property in the guest rooms etc.
20. Ensure accurate and timely submission and display of all required statistical data and performance reports.
21. Ensure maintenance of log books for the purpose of recording and disseminating pertinent information and instructions to all concerned.
22. Set a personal example for the associates by consistent and impartial behavior in all personnel matters, including discipline through respect
23. Perform all such functions as may be incidental or ancillary to the above functions.
24. Perform any other function as may be assigned by the management.
25. Provide necessary feedback on all important activities to the Front Office Manager.
26 Abide by the policies, rules and regulations of the Hotel on various issues / matters and
Standard Operating Procedure
Standard Operating Procedures.
27. Check personal hygiene and be well groomed in appearance by wearing a smart, clean and tidy
dress with a name tag.
28. Maintain a professional image and be friendly and cheerful under all circumstances.
29. Attends to all guest complaint immediate and initiates corrective actions. It is important that all
complaints are handled promptly to ensure guest satisfaction.
30. In all incidents provide management with report and recommended actions to avoid repetition of any incident accident theft complaints etc.
31. Ensure minimum safety of the guest patrons and employees during emergencies, the protection
of the hotel interest must be a major concern to him.
32. Should have a general knowledge and attend to any sort of emergency cases which may arise at
33. Does not give any statement to the member of the press or any inquiry of any nature should be
directed to the Public Relation Manager.
34. Make regular rounds through whole hotel compound and building and be aware of the
cleanliness presentation and ambience of the lobby areas also driveway and entrances.
35. Conduct regular training and refresher courses for front office staff and guides new staff through
36. Is responsible for developing, training and disciplining subordinate staff.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
NOTE: Any additional responsibilities can be added as and when it may required by management/ competent authority.
Established in 1960 by a young and enterprising Mr. Sadruddin Hashwani, the Hashoo group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Through its founder's vision, strategic direction and unwavering commitment, the Hashoo Group has emerged as Pakistan's premium conglomerate with a diversified interna ...Read More