Prerequisites of Fire Safety Officer
• Should have necessary certification as fire safety officer from a recognized institution along with experience.
• Should be physically and mentally fit to perform as leader of firefighting team.
• Should have knowledge of latest fire alarm and suppression systems and be able to train his subordinates on them.
Job Description of Fire Safety Officer
He will be responsible to maintain and ensure up keep, safety, security and serviceability of firefighting equipment and fire alarm systems.
• He will be leader of firefighting team and trainer of his subordinates to become member of firefighting team and leaders of firefighting team in his absence.
• He will conduct periodic firefighting and evacuation rehearsals in the property.
• He will maintain liaison with all concerned Government and non-Government organizations related to firefighting and emergency response.
• He will ensure training of all employees on their role during firefighting, emergency response and evacuation from property.
• Patrol building and ground on foot or in vehicle in order to protect state occupied and ground against trespassing, theft, and vandalism.
• Identify potential safety or fire hazards; take action or make recommendations to eliminate hazard.
• Assure that fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, fire alarms, sprinkle system and fire hydrants are in operating condition; conduct fire drills and participates in fire prevention programs.
• Conduct or participate in employees safety and accident prevention programs; conduct a preliminary investigation of employee accidents.
• Render first aid to employees and guest in case of injury or illness.
• Respond to all fire alarms; determiners whether a fire exists; attempts to extinguish fire and contact fire department.
• Write incident and accident reports and maintain a record of activities.
• Perform related work as assigned.
• Plan, develop and conduct employee safety, fire prevention and accident prevention programs.
• Regularly perform safety and security activities recognized as the most complex and difficult.
Established in 1960 by a young and enterprising Mr. Sadruddin Hashwani, the Hashoo group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Through its founder's vision, strategic direction and unwavering commitment, the Hashoo Group has emerged as Pakistan's premium conglomerate with a diversified interna ...Read More