The GYM Instructor other duties will be responsible:
1. Ensuring that clients are advised assisted and instructed in a manner that is consistent with customer satisfaction.
2. Maintaining a high profile instructor presence ensuring availability to assist gym users as required.
3. Ensuring that clients receive ongoing advice and guidance on safe and effective exercise and the correct use of the equipment, offering advice and demonstrations where appropriate.
4. Planning and teaching circuit training, aerobics and other fitness classes as appropriate.
5. Ensuring that the gym area is open/closed at the required times and that the appropriate procedures are observed.
6. Monitoring occupancy in the fitness area, particularly the dumbbell area ensuring that areas do not become overcrowded.
7. Ensuring that the fitness areas are kept in a tidy condition ensuring the routine cleaning of exercise machines and equipment and that equipment is returned to its correct location.
8. Conducting routine inspection of machines and exercise areas to ensure that they are safe to use, personally taking immediate remedial action as appropriate or reporting the matter as required.
9. Deal with the guests with courtesy and fix their beds.
10. Ensure special handling of all VIP clients.
11. Ensure high standard of alertness and efficiency in providing required services to the clients.
12. Take prompt action on client’s complaints. Adopt remedial measures and corrective action wherever necessary. Keep Asst. Manager / Manager Health Club informed of any serious complaints.
13. Suggest where possible, improvement in quality / service is needed.
14. Handling public relations with the clients.
1. Attend monthly meetings of the departments.
2. Attend 15 minutes daily training period of the department.
3. Be fully conversant with the hotel’s fire evacuation plan and bomb threat procedures.
4. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management.
5. Always check personal hygiene and be well groomed in appearance.
6. Maintain a professional image and be friendly and cheerful under all circumstances.
7. Always wear a smart clean and tidy uniform with a name tag.
8. Abide by the policies, rules and regulation of the hotel on various issues / matters and Marriott standard operating procedures.