The Swimming Instructor other duties will be responsible:
1. Lead pool staff to ensure that staff are qualified and performing duties in a safe and
- Supervise junior lifeguards and swimming instructors
- Ensure junior lifeguards and swim instructors meet requirements
- Assist in scheduling hours of work
2. Maintain the facility to ensure the swimming pool is safe and clean
- Take water quality samples
- Clean the hot tub daily
- Ensure lobby, changes rooms and deck area are clean
- Inspect facilities daily to ensure safety standards are maintained
- Ensure maintenance of all the swimming pool and changing room areas.
- Deal with the guests with courtesy and fix their beds.
- Ensure availability of clean towels and provide one to each guest.
- Ensure immediate disposal of used towels, dirty ashtrays and cups.
- Ensure up-to-date record of all clients availing the facilities of swimming pool.
- Ensure special handling of all VIP clients.
- Ensure high standard of alertness and efficiency in providing required services to the clients.
- Ensure unattended children below 12 years of age are not allowed to swim in the deep water but are restricted to swim in the shallow area only.
- Ensure there is no discrepancy in the swimming pool.
- Take prompt action on client’s complaints. Adopt remedial measures and corrective action wherever necessary. Keep Asst. Manager / Manager Health Club informed of any serious complaints.
- Suggest where possible, improvement in quality / service is needed.
- Handling public relations with the clients.
- Keep abreast of the latest techniques, trends and equipment of swimming pool.
- Attend monthly meetings of the departments.
- Attend 15 minutes daily training period of the department.
- Be fully conversant with the hotel’s fire evacuation plan and bomb threat procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management.
- Always check personal hygiene and be well groomed in appearance.
- Maintain a professional image and be friendly and cheerful under all circumstances.
- Always wear a smart clean and tidy uniform with a name tag.
- Abide by the policies, rules and regulation of the hotel on various issues / matters and Marriott standard operating procedures..