Analyses training needs in the hotel and prioritizes such needs for General Manager and Executive Committee review.
Develops annual training plans and prepares monthly reports to the General Manager and Corporate General Manager of Training & Development.
Assists Executive Committee and Heads of Department to produce training plans for each department.
Assists Departmental Trainers in achieving training objectives and reviews on a monthly basis.
Maintains standard hotel training equipment and training library of resources.
Conducts employee orientation to the company and the hotel standard.
Conducts and evaluates all off-job training.
Delivers briefings of all internal programmes to executive management and department heads.
Compile the hotel’s training budget and monitor expenditure on a monthly basis.
Recruits and selects students, school leavers and graduates for training programmes/schemes within the hotel.
Establishes and maintains employee, supervisory and management records of training.
Reviews training policies, procedures and practices and recommends improvements to management.
Participates in developing and implementing various training and development programmes to meet identified needs and ensure guest service quality, profit enhancement and staff security and safety.
Monitors present and future trend, practices and systems in the training field and make recommendations relating thereto.
Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
Contributes towards corporate training and development activities as directed by the Corporate General Manager of Training & Development.
- Understands the role that employees play in creating the customer experienc
- Understands the role that Human Resources plays in developing and supporting employees in meeting and exceeding the expectations of customers
- Appreciates the role of Human Resources in meeting and exceeding the expectations of its own “internal” customers
- Shows enthusiasm, drive, determination and motivation to achieve results
- Explores new methods to improve work performance
- Adapts quickly and easily to changing situations and different cultures
- Open to change and ready to facilitate others in change initiative
- Listens to others and makes well reasoned and fair decisions
- Develops and communicates a clear vision for training and implements a strategy to deliver results that meet customer and business expectation