General practitioners (GPs) have knowledge of a broad range of illnesses, and treat patients of all ages.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Patient consultations at home and within the surgery.
- Physical examinations.
- Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses/ailments.
- Health education.
- Practice management and administration.
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals and/or hospitals.
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements.
- Writing care plans and records.
- Monitoring a patient's condition
- Carrying out routine investigations and care procedures, such as administering medication, injections and intravenous infusions, and taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- dealing with emergencies.
- Supervising junior staff.
- Organising workloads.
- Tutoring student nurses.
- Providing advice and promoting good health.
- Providing information, emotional support and reassurance to patients and relatives.
As per customer requirements.