We are looking at candidates who have worked with different brands with capability of interacting with various departments at factory floor ensuring the readymade garments are manufactured upto the standards of our customers.
The Production Incharge is responsible for establishing, developing and directing the production strategy for a product category and effectively directing the business relationships with finished product suppliers and our agents to leverage lower costs and reduced lead time without sacrificing quality.
- Management of production timelines, reviewing reports and recommending solutions to exceptions
- Develop time and action calendars for all programs managed.
- Work closely with different head of departments to ensure that monthly production capacity is utilized and recommend appropriate action when issues arise.
- Monitor production status of all programs by season.
- Track shipments from vendor to distribution center.
- Manage placement strategy and follow-up by recommending product placement and action plan for chase.
- Support costing process by creating and distributing packages, issuing spreadsheets for tracking and conducting initial negotiation.
- Analyze test, quality, delivery and cost reports, making recommendations and communicate exceptions to management and vendors.
- Manage communication with diferent vendors (dying, knitting, etc)
- Develop relationships with peers, and all Productions channels.
- 5+ years of experience in apparel production management
- Varied Production background across categories (Knitted garments) preferred
- Strong costing and negotiation skills
- Knowledge/understanding of fabrics and different garment wash processes that help problem solve production issues
- Computer Skills is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates proactive problem solving skills
- Use basic retail math needed to determine costs, margins and turn
- Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Has a sense of urgency in managing time and while accomplishing tasks
- Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Good people management/delegation skills and able to influence others