· To assess customs duties and associated taxes to be paid on imported merchandise and to assure compliance with related laws and regulations.
· Build business relationships with assigned customers.
· Advises in-house personnel of all inbound shipments with delivery/shipping details.
· Provides import rate quotes where required.
· To monitor and liaison with foreign suppliers about in time delivery/shipment of products.
· Negotiate contracts for sales/purchases and manage renew, review contracts as required to enable effective trading, operations and customer/supplier relations.
· Dealing with banks, compliance of banking procedures related to opening of L/C till retirement of documents and ensures accuracy of documents as stipulated in the L/C.
· To ensure completion of documentation formalities for import of items and related correspondence.
· Tracks and prepares report for all entries by vendor of duty/weight/freight amounts.
· Provides any product info including, but not limited to classifications, descriptions, country or origin and value.
· Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
· Codes and reviews import invoices and give them to Department Manager for approval.
· Attend and participate in meetings as required.
· Any other tasks as assigned by the Import Manager