We are looking looking for a Software Engineer to help build the fleet management platform that is responsible for the real-time monitoring and control of distributed fleets.
The fleet management involve reliable data collection and storage for millions of real-time data streams; services for publishing and subscribing-to streaming data; support for real-time stream processing and aggregation; and reliable, low-latency messaging for the distributed control of fleets. You must enjoy working on challenges related to the availability, reliability, scalability, and security of these distributed software systems.
Our primary programming language is Scala. You'll use Akka for developing concurrent, distributed, and scalable applications using the Actor Model. You'll make extensive use of Akka Streams for developing reliable and scalable applications for streaming data. We use Kubernetes as our deployment and operations platform.
- Design, develop, and maintain distributed software systems for streaming data
- Collaborate with colleagues in design and code reviews
- Develop and maintain automated unit and integration tests
- Test the performance, scalability, and reliability of software systems at scale, including developing the services to support this testing
- Characterize complex problems related to the scalability, reliability, performance, and security of production systems
- Provide technical leadership and foster collaboration
- Maintain the high quality standards of the team
- Work experience as a Senior Scala Developer or similar role
- Experience with reactive, concurrent, and distributed applications
- Good delegation and time management skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field