Accommodates guests of hotel by greeting, performing guest transactions, answering the telephone, operating necessary front office equipment, etc. to ensure high-quality guest relation.
Technical or Administrative Knowledge:
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- General knowledge of computers.
Special Skills and/or Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
Job Description (continued) Essential Functions include but not limited to the following:
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Issues room key to guest.
- Responsible for proper key control and other security measures.
- Answers telephone in absence of telephone operator.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages and sets up guests’ wake-up calls.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts. Operates the front office computer system. Makes photocopies if needed.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to guest folio.
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservations for guests
- Deposits guests’ valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- Checks out guests and inquires about their stay.
- Promotes and supports Brand Voice and Brand initiatives such as Priority Clubs and Associate Programs.
- Actively builds awareness of the Brand to guests.
- Provides and ensures high-quality guest relations. Receives and resolves guest complaints in a manner consistent with company policy. Makes Manager on Duty aware of any guest complaints.
- Maintains the desired levels of quality assurance ratings, including guest comment cards, accounting audit and inspection scores.
- Confers and cooperates with other departments as needed to ensure coordination of activities.
- Works toward a 90% walk-in conversion rate goal.
- Ensures Inn compliance of all company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and informs management of any unsafe conditions.
- Attends meetings and training as requested.
Other duties may be assigned based on company needs.