Position: Communication Officer
Job Type: Contractual (15-September – 31-December-2021)
Working Days: 70 Days
Salary: 130,000 – 150,000 Per Month
- Support in the development of a communication toolkit for the Client in line with the key objective of creating awareness and the promotion of human rights.
- Develop features, articles, press releases, audio and video content on human rights/women rights with the objective of creating greater awareness and understanding of key issues.
- Significantly increase the level of understanding and awareness on women rights issues through media outreach & engagement.
- Maintain excellent relationship with Journalist and News media to ensure maximum coverage and visibility of project events.
- Coordinate with journalists and news media to ensure their presence at the events for maximum coverage.
- Develop post event media coverage reports to showcase coverage of the event and assist the Key Expert in preparing event reports.
- Any other task as deemed necessary.
- JA shall have the following educational background and professional experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media and Communications, Journalism or any other relevant discipline
- Experience in and clear understanding of the institutional landscape and policy framework in place for the promotion and protection of Human Rights in Pakistan
- Experience of over 1 years in developing content for media including features, press releases, digital content
- Experience in managing press coverage for media/visibility events
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent personal communication, social and networking skills
- Fluency in both English and Urdu is required. (Knowledge of Pashto, Punjabi, Sindhi or other local languages is an asset)