HRSI is looking for suitable candidates for the position of Economist for one of their client.
- Compile, analyze, and report macro-economic data to explain economic phenomena and forecast market trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques where required - Study economic and statistical data in economic sectors, seek correlations and relationships between economic data and individual company and sector earnings.
- Develop points of view on a sector: based on forecasting trends – produce short reports for Clients on the impact of a variable on the company or sector – work in collaboration with the Sector Analyst when required.
- Develop a view on changes in key economic variables - produce short report for Clients in relation to market valuations and impact
- Forecast key economic indicators, based on valid reasoning. Communicate these forecasts to Sales and Research Team, to be used in key model assumptions in excel models of Sector Analysts.
- Meet Clients and explain the impact of:
- A change in Pakistan’s economic and sector variables, corporate earnings drivers on the Pakistan Stock Market.
- Changes in global economic and political indicators and the impact on the Pakistan Stock Market.
- Provide support to Advisory Division – primary research, advice and consultation on economic relationships to businesses, public and private firms.
- Visit Potential Clients in a Value-added support role for Sales and Marketing.
- Visit companies with Analysts for market feel, primary data collection – ascertain fact from opinion/drawing-room theory/conjecture
- Develop network at the Central Bank to aid in analysis and verification of facts
- Build and oversee/supervise the development of the Economics data-base for Research purposes and to use in quarterly Strategy Reports – capturing of key market and economic data, corporate earnings, so rudimentary in-house basic data-base can be developed
- Assist in production of Marketing and Sales Presentations (Charts, graphs, numbers data – direction to be provided by Head of Advisory) – responsibility for maintaining/updating all Economy-related data for Sales Presentations
- Develop Equity Valuation skills
Skills and Qualifications
- On-the-job training will be provided
- Fresh graduate OR under a year’s experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, economics, financial engineering, statistics, or econometrics
- Economics / Finance graduate preferred
- Excellent writing skills
Salary: Up to 30,000/ per monthGender: Female