HRSI is looking for suitable candidates for the position of Equity Research Analyst for one of their client.
The Equity Research Analyst’s (The Analyst) objective is to provide independent fundamental investment research reports on companies and sectors. The Analyst will collect and analyze financial information on stocks listed on the Pakistan Stock Exchange and within sectors assigned to them. The Analyst will build financial models to explore future scenarios of the company within the wider sector and macroeconomic environment.
The ideal candidate will combine a strong quantitative skill set with a range of qualitative skills in order to effectively communicate their research in writing and verbally to clients. In addition, we seek someone with the highest level of ethical integrity.
- Create and maintain earnings, valuation, and financial models for companies
- Incorporate historical financial statements and future earnings assumptions into the model
- Where secondary data is not available explore other sources of primary information
- Analyze data to identify emerging opportunities and risks, justifying all reasoning
- Provide BUY/SELL/HOLD recommendations and present findings to Senior Management
- Continually keep abreast of company and sector developments to ensure superior quality research is provided to clients for timely and profitable decision-making for clients
- Build and maintain relationships with Corporate Senior Management to understand fundamental earnings drivers
- Write research reports based on factual and projected earnings, with reasonable justification
- Interact with institutional and retail investors, communicating investment ideas and recommendations.
- Respond quickly to client calls for coverage of a certain company or companies in which the client has an interest or requires a view when required on an ad-hoc basis
- Maintain constant coverage of industry-related news, trends, and developments.
- Disseminate insight when appropriate
- Keep abreast of trends and sentiment in the market.
- Liaise with internal sales and trading teams for responding to news, corporate action, and reporting events. You will be expected to maintain a procedure protocol for escalating emerging news.
- Maintain a public image for the firm at conferences/events. Communicate the company’s research, building its brand and referring potential new clients.
Skills and Qualifications
- On-the-job training will be provided
- Fresh graduate OR under a year’s experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, economics, financial engineering, statistics, or econometrics
- Finance graduate preferred
- Excellent writing skills
Salary: Up to 30,000/ per monthGender: Female