Job Title: General Manager Programs
Duty Station: National Office, Islamabad with 60% travel to program areas
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Human Development Foundation (HDF) was founded in 1997, with a passion to pay back to the communities they belong to and a vision to help people help themselves by a group of visionary Pakistani American doctors and philanthropists. Over two decades, our quest for positive social change remains at the forefront and we, at the foundation, work tirelessly towards human development and poverty eradication. HDF is helping its partner communities in 34 districts of Pakistan through its holistic approach and integrated program model. Social Capital Development, Education & literacy, Primary Healthcare, Livelihood & Food Security, Sustainable Environment and Partnerships are key pillars of our program.
Position Objective: Responsible for managing all the components of HDF’s Program areas including Social Mobilization, Education & Literacy, Health, Livelihoods & Food Security, Sustainable Environment and Partnerships. It will involve the complete cycle of planning, implementation, supervision and monitoring of these programs.
1. Responsible for program development and implementation ensuring quality and accountability standards, and mainstreaming of strategic partnerships across all program areas.
2. Responsible to continuously enhance skills, expertise and build capacity of HDF program team.
3. Develop, design and process quality & accountability standards in program implementation.
4. Lead program teams and ensure program development and quality for timely completion of program goals and targets with a particular emphasis on maintaining quality and accountability standards.
5. Ensure that management of staff strengthens the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the organization to deliver sustainable impact and overall coordination between all programs and regions.
6. Ensure proactive approaches to fundraising establishing and developing relationships with donors to support recognition of HDF’s strategic focus.
7. Support HDF in becoming a dynamic organization, creating opportunities for innovation and personal growth by promoting a learning environment and conducive culture for all employees at all levels.
8. Development and management of department budget in accordance with policy and procedures, ensuring effective and efficient delivery of planned outputs in a timely manner.
9. Develop and sustain donor relations, with diverse understanding of donor strategies and priorities in order to match programmatic direction with similar sources of funding.
10. Develop staff capacity and overall skills, to ensure high quality proposal development, report writing and adherence to technical standards of contracts.
11. Contribute significantly to the development and implementation of Annual Operational Plan and Strategic Plan of HDF.
12. Supervise and improve Design, Monitoring and Evaluation functions to ensure HDF is able to monitor and track the impact and the quality of its program through consistent data collection and efficient M&E system.
13. Lead and oversee development, piloting and implementation of new and innovative program approaches appropriate in context of HDF.
14. Ensure that variances between plans (financial, activities and outputs) and actual are minimized.
15. Work in coordination with departments to assess and identify technical assistance needs with regard to technical skills, supervision support, etc. for new and ongoing programs/projects.
16. Ensures appropriate & timely technical, administrative and financial support is provided by the respective departments at national office to enhance the capacity of regional teams to effectively undertake and support program implementation with progressive degrees of decentralization and autonomy.
17. Continuous follow-up and monitoring the implementation progress of Annual Operation Plan.
18. Ensures that reports are prepared and submitted to concerned parties, donors, counterparts on time and in a professional manner.
19. Monitor the technical quality of ongoing projects, and intervene when necessary, to correct flaws and address weakness.
20. Coordinate the process of reporting on projects progress to donor, ensuring that contractual terms and conditions are respected.
Qualification: Master’s degree in Social Science, International Development or Humanitarian Studies
At least 10 years of senior management experience. Minimum of 7 years’ experience in strategic and operational planning, program design and development, fundraising and monitoring. Five years’ experience with financial management, budget development and donor compliance and reporting. Experience in successfully managing institutional partnerships with national and international development partners and the Govt.
Management, Strategic planning and analytical skills, excellent creative and conceptual skills, advanced writing and clear oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, training skills, computer skills. Ability and interest to coach and develop staff.
Twenty years of saving and transforming lives For over two decades, HDF has been striving to eradicate multidimensional poverty through its unique model of holistic community development. HDF is one of the highest-rated Non-Profit Organizations (NPOs) by the Pakistan Center for Philanthropy (PCP) ...Read More