Background: The position is for an international development project working to deliver social infrastructure across Pakistan.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for providing architectural advice and support to the overall programme. It is based in the Central Programme Management Units Engineering Team and will support the engineers by providing them with educational infrastructure design options. It will produce architectural drawings and related concept notes to explain how good design principles supports the education system as well as supporting the overarching requirement to demonstrate value for money within the wider programme. Furthermore, he or she will take the lead in managing the proposed Humqadam school design competition.
Reporting and Supervision: Senior Design Architect
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Customer Relationship Management
- Establish good interpersonal relationships within the Engineering team and Central Programme Management Unit. Proactively build effective working relationships with Provincial based Engineers, Local Partners and Construction Contractors; and
- Create a win-win environment by gaining agreement from partners and / or Customers before taking partnership-oriented actions.
Using Capacity Assessment tools identify project related architectural capacity of Local Partners, Construction Contractors, and Self-Development.
Construction Supervision and Monitoring
- Providing advice and technical support on all construction;
- Ensure architectural integrity of all proposed design options;
- Occasional inspections of construction work;
- Working across multiple sites;
- Developing a variety of design options for all forms of educational infrastructure;
- Preparing concept drawings and 3D projections of all programme design options;
- Preparing site specific design options as and when required;
- Preparing or contributing to PowerPoint presentations on all matters pertaining to design principles;
- Preparing or contributing to CPMU reports;
- Researching and suggesting innovative design options for educational infrastructure; and
- Taking the lead in managing the Humqadam School Design Competition.
Capacity Building / Training Delivery
- Participate in the organisation and delivery of Introduction Cluster Training for PTC/SCs, DEOs and CCSIs.
- Deliver Humqadam architectural technical assistance and capacity building interventions to all Customer segments.
- Provide accurate and timely activity based reporting as per project SOPs: weekly, monthly, quarterly etc.
- Provide informative, timely and effectively presented written reports/numerical data as required.
- Is responsible for filing all programme architectural related documents
Minimum Qualification and Experience required:
- Preferable relevant Master degree in Architecture.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Understanding of local community and related cultural sensitivities
- Registration with PAC
- Written and spoken English as well as local language(s);
- IT Literacy: able to use Micro’soft Word, Powerpoint and Excel at an intermediate level plus good knowledge
Note: Shortlisting can be done any time before the deadline of the advertisement.