Position Summary: In general, the Maintenance Assistant assists the Admin Assistant and the Administrative staff in the overall maintenance and repair of the office, residences and guest houses.
- Responsible for minor repairs; collaborating in the identification, inventory and repairs as required, visually check daily operating electric equipment, assisting with the upkeep of the facilities; conducting inspections of furniture and providing appropriate maintenance; and performing miscellaneous tasks related to the visual appearance and upkeep of the office and guest house.
- Assist the Staff and guest house residents with any maintenance problems that arise during hours when the office is closed.
- Manage and oversee the procurement of different contractors, including electricians, plumbers, etc.
- Ensure the labour of vendors is of high quality and thorough completion of jobs.
- Communication with expats on maintenance jobs, ensuring all work is completed satisfactorily.
- Manage a log of maintenance jobs, ensuring the right personnel is assigned to the jobs and prioritizing urgent tasks and that all work is turned around timely.
Reporting and Supervision: Admin Assistant
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Stakeholder Relationship Management
· Establish good interpersonal relationships with all the employees and stakeholders
· Maintain an active list of maintenance vendors and contractors
Coping up with emergency situation
· Knowledgeable of equipment technicalities and possess skills.
· Adept at dealing with electrical and equipment emergencies
· Familiar with all the safety and equipment-handling procedures of the office, residences and guest house
· Assist the relevant personnel to resolve equipment-related issues
· Inform and update supervisor for further assistance and help.
· Responsible for tending to maintenance issues after regular business hours.
Maintain Office /Residences’ assets and operations
· Able to perform small maintenance tasks, such as assembling furniture, including tasks that may involve use of hand-held power tools
· Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that each facility continues to run smoothly, office systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of office does not deteriorate.
· Responsible for ensuring any plumbing and electrical issues in office and residences are fixed by qualified vendors/contractors.
· Responsible for generator refueling at all the residences and coordinate with Genset company for refueling of all the districts.
· Manage and reimburse petty cash for maintenance.
· Keep the Guest house and supervisor informed of any maintenance issues or occurrences.
Seek guidance and support from the Residence Administration, but must be able to perform duties under minimal supervision
· Provide daily updated Activity Log to the supervisor and maintain its physical filing.
· Prepare and consolidate Genset refueling reports from all districts on weekly basis, verify and submit invoices to the finance department.
Minimum Qualification and Experience required:
· One year of experience in the maintenance and repair of building and electrical systems.
· Bachelors Degree from a recongnized university.
· Ability to manage and quality assure vendors and contractors
· Ability to lift, push and pull office furniture.
· Ability to lift boxes of supplies, equipment, and other items weighing up to 100 lbs.
· Knowledge of maintenance market and awareness of prices.
· Basic technical understanding of plumbing, electricity and woodwork