This position develops and supports technologies that center on the desktop presentation to users as well as the server components and infrastructure that support the desktop environment. Under limited supervision, resolves technology issues, interfaces with vendors for product information and support, and works with end users to ensure high satisfaction levels and reliability of our systems
- Provide a single point of contact for in-depth support of desktops, notebooks, mobile devices, and other hardware, including operating system setup and configuration, trouble shooting, remote access,and problem diagnosis.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received to the IT help desk.
- Conduct research on desktop products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase
- Participate in the testing, integration, configuration,and deployment of end user hardware, operating systems and related utilities so that our clients are optimally fitted for their respective tasks.
- Keep abreast of software and hardware trends so that solutions can be provided proactively.
- Assess the impact of introducing non-standard applications into the environment and assist others in Information Technology with the implementation of these applications.
- Determine root causes to problems so that solutions and limitations can be identified and repaired.
- Basic understanding of networking skills and common internet service protocols (DNS, POP-3, SMTP, HTTP, DHCP, etc
· May perform other duties as assigned.