ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Handles the completion of service requests (preventive & corrective or emergency) on all electrical, mechanical or other assets assigned to him according to scope of work, typical as the following but not limited to:
a. Generator 10KVA to 1500 KVA, Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR), Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS), In-Country Power Supply Transformers & LV Lines, Earthing System, Battery Backup System, Power Distribution Box, fuses, breakers, surge arresters, remote management systems etc.
b. Servicing, decommissioning, installation, or integration of generators according to standard procedures and practices whenever it is required.
c. Electrical, mechanical, and civil components of the site including lighting system & commercial power.
d. Active PM/CM issues related to transmission and BSS
e. Manages Site security and site access (where applicable).
f. Ensures that preventive or corrective maintenance is performed according to procedures and checklists agreed and all issues are permanently closed.
g. Proper cleaning and janitorial services of the sites and assets.
h. Decommissioning, installation, troubleshooting, and any fault in electrical or mechanical equipment.
i. Any other work assigned to from time to time according to scope of work.
2. Schedules and executes the preventive / routine maintenance jobs on all equipment under his/her assignment.
3. Handles emergency calls all time, pays attention to emergency call outs, fixes the problem of equipment, restores the service within SLA, follows up the issues till permanent closure, and helps to find root cause of problems and appropriate solutions.
4. Coordinates between NOC, immediate supervisor, IENG sections, client and other subcontractors for proper maintenance of own sites / electrical equipment.
5. Uses test equipment and devices on sites and analyzes test results.
6. Records and reports regularly all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences to the O&M Coordinator using i engineering’s reporting formats.
7. Ensures proper care of all company properties such as tools & equipment, vehicle, mobile DG, accommodation.
8. Reports all incidents e.g. theft and litigation issues as per process and supports the O&M Coordinator, Site Security (where applicable).
9. Handles fuel delivery and consumption and supports the O&M Coordinator, Fuel for fuel management (where applicable).
10. Ensures fuel consumption of each site as per given CPH from Line manager.
11. Ensures each PM & CM activity carried out through M-ITSM & any other client software as well.
12. Ensures that all works being executed under his/her supervision conform the Client’s specifications and the approved drawings.
13. Ensures that all tools and equipment are in accordance with the engineering standards and specifications.
14. Ensures that all spares or consumables used during maintenance are of good quality and standard and be responsible for reconciliation as per process.
15. Understands all processes, works accordingly, and gives feedback for improvement.
16. Keeps record of inventory, problem history for all equipment under his/her control.
17. Coaches and enables other team members, checks standards of work executed, handles scope of the whole teamwork.
IMS ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We provide end-to-end engineering infrastructure solutions to the telecommunications and power industries across Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Employing a dynamic and personal approach, we have grown rapidly since our inception in 2007 to reach 24 operations with 4000+ employees.