Reporting directly to the Manager Legal & Compliance, the Assistant Manager Legal & Compliance role will be to contribute support on the Brand's Legal & Compliance Affairs, including providing legal advice to the Company and its Affiliates to protect and secure the Company from the legal prospect.
· Supporting the Manager in managing the Legal affairs of the Company including without limitation to the to Corporate laws, Commercial laws, Consumer laws, Intellectual Properties (Trade Mark Registration, Patent Drafting), Taxation and Money Claims.
· Supporting the Manager and other Associates in developing, maintaining and implementing a strategic approach to the Compliance related affairs including without limitation to the Compliance for e-Commerce, Corporates, Taxation, Website, and Social Media.
· Supporting the Manager in developing, drafting and delivering appropriate contracts, agreements, legal notices, corporate communication, policies, standards, guidance, training and awareness activities resulting in business growth.
· Receive allocated files and undertake an investigation sufficient to assess what liability the Company has and decide whether to defend, settle, compromise or discontinue the claim.
· Ensure that all Orders, Directions, Deadlines, Instructions, or compliance requirements received from the concerned authorities to the company or its subsidiaries are completed within the applicable time scales and is performed as per the rules of laws.
· Negotiate, Mediate, Arbitrate or Settle Down disputes which are not in the favor of the company.
· Providing support to Manager in drafting and preparing the claims, the grounds of appeal in case of defense, and by finding the precedents and other supporting material for legal proceedings in any territory where the Company or its subsidiaries are located.
· Managing data protection incidents which may involve customer or employee personal data.
Key Skills Required:
· Reasonable knowledge of Consumer, Corporate, Commercial, Contract, Arbitration, Intellectual Properties, and Taxation laws
· A strong legal academic background – preferably a Law Degree from an institute in the United Kingdom.
· A commercial and pragmatic approach to issues
· Excellent communication skills including presenting cases and professional letter writing
· 1-2 years of in-house practice experience preferably in a company having an e-commerce business.
· Excellent technical legal skills.
· Pro-active and self-motivated individual
· A problem-solver with a highly commercial approach
· Time management skills are essential. This individual must be capable of handling multi-complex issues.
pdeCaprio Industries is UKs leading fitness brand engaged in e-commerce retail through marketplaces including eBay, Amazon, and its own e-commerce portals. DeCaprio owns and operates composite facilities for manufacturing and exporting of various Martial Arts/Sporting Wears commodities particularly ...Read More