What is Ignite Solutions?
Ignite Solutions is a Singapore based start-up focused on building tech that elevates the commerce experience for both merchants and consumers. With a mission focused on understanding the buyers and sellers best interest, we are building tech that gives them instant access to commerce tools both online and offline allowing them to transact and communication with each other inclding social and gamification aspects of modern day commerce experience.
Ignite Solutions is at an incredible inflection point as we trail towards the end of our early-stage we sit poised for high growth to not only disrupt but ultimately change the industry.
About the work
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced, mid-level, web developer. Our stack: PHP, Laravel, Wordpress, MS Azure. We are looking for very strong PHP Laravel skills. Your primary focus will be on developing customer facing web applications with strong integrations with backend systems. You will ensure that the overall solution is robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on multiple layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.As a full-time Senior Engineer, you’ll play an essential role in developing solutions for merchants and consumers to find and purchase products and services both online and offline.
We have multiple Web and Mobile apps. You’ll work closely with our PM, designer, and engineers to architect and develop delightful user experiences.
Together. Founders, engineers, designers, and product managers - everyone helps define our strategy and roadmap. You will never be asked to limit your work to engineering wireframes and designs. You will play a role in helping us decide the direction we take. Uncertainty doesn’t intimidate you, the realm of possibilities and ownership inspires you.
Working Hours and Remote Work
Our team is distributed across multiple countries, and we all work during normal local business hours. Everyone is expected to work 40 hours per week, and we track how much everyone works using time tracking tools. Our time tracking process consists of more than just entering the hours you worked at the end of the day or the end of the week. We track our time by project, and feature, which affords our stakeholders a lot of visibility into what we’re working on and what we’re getting done. An advantage of tracking time in this way, is that it allows us to pay overtime when Igniters work more than 40 hours per week. We often offer OT but rarely require it. Alternatively, we also offer “PTO banking” which allows you to bank your overtime hours as additional PTO.
For communication with team members, clients, etc. we use MS Teams, and there’s a lot of collaboration throughout the day within our Teams channels. We ask team members to be available in Teams throughout the day, and be able to jump into a video meeting on short notice to collaborate with team members and meet with managers. We find that face-to-face video meetings are more effective than phone calls, and we do a lot of them, so you’ll need a strong internet connection and a presentable work environment and be able to jump into video meetings throughout the day.
Who You Are
If you are somebody who identifies with these attributes, abilities, and experiences, you're likely a great fit:Shared vision - you are inspired by our team charter and envision an opportunity to contribute to it Experienced - have 3+ recent years of mobile development work and a great portfolio Frontend focus - identify as a frontend dev who also has some backend skills Independent - find high-value things to do and do them; are not paralyzed without guidance; can work without a project manager Collaborative - give and take criticism and praise well, work with your team as a whole Systems thinker - consider broad architectural implications in solutions Distributed - comfortable building long-distance relationships with distributed team members; are a proactive collaborator Communicator - are articulate; ok with meetings; write docs; have the heart of a teacher Explorative - try new things; track the state of the art; are self-motivated to try new experiments
What you'll own
This is a standard software development job, so all the usual duties apply: write code, test code, review code, do tickets, occasional meetings for requirements (we keep it really light), and provide input on new product specifications. The basic job is: develop user-facing features, build reusable components and front-end libraries, translate designs and wireframes into high quality code, repeat. Your familiarity with RESTful APIs, code versioning tools - particularly Git and Content Management Systems will be crucial! Demonstrated ability to optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers will also be a necessity in this position.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Work as part of an agile team (developers, PM, designer, QA) to build web applications.
• Architect, build and maintain excellent quality web applications with clean code.
• Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs.
• Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
• Integrate with third-party API's
.• Write unit and integration tests.
• Complete two week sprints and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
• Assist with building estimates
.• Interface with stakeholders via Team, Zoom, and email.
• Track your time throughout the day using Clockify.
• Work with modern tools including DevOps, Teams, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
• Be part of a community of web developers that share knowledge and help each other as problems arise.
• Follow Ignite Solutions's detailed development process.
• A minimum of 5+ years of professional software development experience with relevant tech stack.
• 3+ Year of professional (read: daily, hands-in-the-code on platforms with thousands of users) experience working with PHP and relevant web frameworks
• Demonstrated experience building complex web applications.
• Understanding of open source projects like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, OpenCart, Magento etc
• Good knowledge of developing Web services, REST API's
• Experience in common third-party APIs (google, facebook, paypal, ebay etc)
• A four-year college degree is required.
• Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
• Strong communication skills. Demonstrated ability to speak on a technical level and communicate clearly with team members
• Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to general process.
• Ability to identify with the goals of Ignite Solutions, and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make to them.
• An understanding of web frameworks best practices and a commitment to following them.
• Ability to work through new and difficult Web/Backend development issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
• Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of web applications.
• A positive mindset and can-do attitude
.• Forensic attention to detail.
• An analytical approach to testing new features
• A strong understanding of user research and human-centered design
• You’re passionate about software development...it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve.
You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
• You work well within a team environment and enjoy working in the office with your colleagues
• Ability to consistently work 40 hours per week.
What we offer
Phenomenal Leadership Collaborative work environment Own your work - let your influence and expertise shine here. We want to hear your ideas!Flexibility in working hours Compensated sick and vacation time Build your dream with us - jump on a massive opportunity for growth with our company
Why Ignite Solutions
We’re a medium-size team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard play-hard environment. We offer competitive compensation with overtime pay, PTO, medical, dental, vision, flexible work schedules, and more
Ignite Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.