The Research Assistant will be working at Finance for Development Resource Centre based at Islamabad for the period of one year. S/he is expected to perform with a high degree of professionalism and excellence and to work independently, showing good judgment, and applying initiative and persistence to deal with the unexpected challenges and achieving the best result.
The incumbent will take responsibility to assist and facilitate the campaign for tax justice by building the capacity of civil society on the subject of tax justice.
Research Assistant will assist in
· Developing knowledge products, and conducting evidence based research on the topics related to tax justice and fiscal polices
· Provide assistance in reviewing documents for accuracy as well as writing reports, summaries and preparing presentations
· Editing, formatting and preparation of documents.
· Performing research work in archives, through interviews, online, or other appropriate means
· Prepares literature reviews.
· Gathers and analyzes data.
· Prepares other articles, reports, and presentations.
· Performs routine clerical duties as instructed, if essential to the research activities of the supervisor or project to which the research assistant is assigned.
· Digital influencing regarding the case of tax justice creating the hype on social media on the World Bank and World Economic Forum annuals
· Assist in writing concept notes and proposals and to facilitate in resource mobilization and coordination with different stakeholders.