We are looking to hire a Fashion Designer with panache and flair to capture the mood on the street in our ready-to-wear line.
- The Fashion Designer will keep an eye on the street, travel to shows and read fashion magazines to spot trends and interpret specific color palettes, patterns and prints for each season.
- You will sketch your designs by hand, create technical production drawings and address buyers as a seasoned marketer.
- To ensure success you will be able to spot trends, capture the spirit of the times in your creations and display business acumen in your ability to apply product strategy.
- Ideal candidates have outstanding business acumen and are creative geniuses.
Fashion Designer Responsibilities:
- Managing design process from conception through to final styling.
- Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
- Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to line, and create new concepts.
- Ensuring product is in agreement with business strategy.
- Selecting fabrics and trims.
- Creating production sketches for development packages.
- Collaborating with technical designer to ensure development packages are accurate.
- Reviewing product for style and fit during the presentation.
- Presenting story, mood, color boards, and samples to buyers.
- Designing the photo shoots and promotion videos.
- Deciding the design and look for suits and models for catalogs.
- And any other tasks as assigned.
Fashion Designer Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in design or fine arts, or college degree in fashion design or related field.
- 5+ years design experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
- Availability to travel for research and product development.
- Ability to do sketches by hand.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Excellent sense of style and color.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.