- IT Officer is responsible to monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of organizations.
- Installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
- He will ensure timely delivery of services required in maintaining the smooth running of IT equipment.
- He will coordinate with staff for keeping updated IT systems / equipment.
- He will analyze future needs and arrange training for staff and back-up record.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work in coordination with Supervisor in implementing IT Policy and standard procedures advised by HQ
- Install and configure computer hardware, network equipment and printers, operating systems and user applications
- Responsible for smooth operation of installed IT Network within Islamabad and Lahore office
- Run and maintain basic Server services including DHCP, SSH, File-tree etc.
- Ensure system backup system is in place on user systems as well as backup on cloud through server is functional. Confirm user data security.
- Regularly monitor and maintain computer systems and networks for standardization
- Ensure all organization computers’ security, Anti-virus installed and up to date
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles on systems and in Server
- Provide support in procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Troubleshooting/Provision of technical onsite/remote support to staff as required through on phone requests and ticketing system
- Facilitate staff in virtual/remote calls and meetings
- Maintain accurate and updated IT equipment Inventory
- Have understanding of Android and IOS based Mobile phones and applications
- Ability to determine the equipment that meets organization’s requirements
- Analyzes future needs for acquisition related to IT Infrastructure
- Regular visits to Lahore office for support and standardization of systems
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor
Accountable for organizational Information & Communication Technology policy, Code of conduct and Conflict of interest policy.
Reports Directly To: IT Coordinator
Works Directly With: Operations team, Finance Team and Program Team in Islamabad and Lahore
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related qualifications from a recognized University, combined with computer certifications (like CISCO, A+, MCSE, etc) with at least 3 years working experience
- Demonstrated understanding of local laws, policies and protocols of different INGOs/ donor agencies.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Effective verbal and written communication, fluency in both written and spoken English/Urdu. Knowledge of local languages is an asset
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel).
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members and a proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer