Innovation Pavilion, a US-based company, is looking for a communications assistant to perform copywriting and social media management duties. The ideal candidate would be an exceptional writer with a developed expertise in effectively leveraging social media.
The communications assistant position entails three key performance areas: copywriting (with some editing), email infrastructure management and social media management.
Copywriting (and editing):
- Drafting copy for a variety of written material to be distributed to large audiences based on given guidelines.
- These include weekly/monthly email campaigns, newsletters, press releases and summary accounts of events/shows.
- Copywriting will also be required for marketing purposes, including print or digital colateral, and social media.
- Occasionally, communications associate may be asked to redraft, improve, proof-read or copy-edit pre-written pieces or posts.
Email infrastructure management
- For regular email campaigns and newsletters, communications associate will be responsible for collecting information (including details, images and quotes) and conducting interviews in addition to the copywriting responsibilities mentioned above.
- This would also entail maintaining the infrastructure used to distribute or publish these correspondences. This may include maintaining email platforms (such as MailChimp) and email accounts, updating mailing lists and doing basic design work on email/newsletter formats.
- Assistant will be responsible for creating, developing and maintaining a schedule for these regular communications in collaboration with team members and with regular review by supervisors.
Social media management
- Communications assistant will be responsible for nearly all social media accounts of the various brands of Innovation Pavilion.
- This would include drafting and scheduling posts, including working with team members on graphics or other needs.
- Management would also require administrative care and updates, as well as eventually developing a proper engine through applications such as Hootsuite and tracking advertisement and sponsorship on social media.
The successful candidate would have a firm grasp on the English language (written and oral), specifically US English. Familiarity with broader communications and marketing realities will be helpful. In addition, applicants with an exposure to US culture and/or markets have a higher chance of success. The communications associate will need to be a team player, willing to adapt and learn new techniques and technologies (specifically email management and social media platforms).
Work will begin on a full-time basis (40 hours/week), subject to adequate performance during a probational period. To ensure communication with the US team based in Denver, CO and other US contacts, the successful candidate will be expected to work, at least partially, during evening hours (6-10 pm). Preference will be given to those willing and able to commute to and work from a Lahore office location.
Compensation and engagement
Compensation will be commensurate with the successful candidate's qualifications, experience and quality of application (including possible interview and/or references). Continued engagement will be contingent on performance, responsiveness and quality of work demonstrated during the probational period.
About Innovation Pavilion
Innovation Pavilion (IP) is an entrepreneurial ecosystem transforming economic landscapes througout the United States through innovation and real estate services. In addition to providing business services and facilitating collaboration, IP builds niche entrepreneurial communities, curates corporate and city innovation, and develops the workforce of tomorrow. Partnering with cities and developers, IP creates innovation campuses in suburban cities across the United States.