The incumbent will be expected to Develop and implement Research & Development Policy & Procedures; should be a True first level Manager. Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Have full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of R&D and QC Department processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and implement Company Research & Development Policy and Procedures;
Manage and direct the Research & Development Programs to meet organizational needs and to capitalize on potential new products; Develop and implement R&D Procedures and techniques.
2. Oversee Production Quality as Quality Inspector (QC);
Oversee complex new Product Research projects, analyze results and provide recommendations based on findings;
Assess the scope of research projects and ensure they are on time and within budget.
3. Customer Care and Complaint Handling:
Complaint Analysis and Reporting;
4. Typically report to Country Manager:
Coordinate with GM Sales & Marketing and other departments/units to achieve best results.
R&D Engineer Skills
R&D engineers is expected to design and implement project plans to create various types of products in Mobile phone accessories.
· Computer skills – because R&D engineers work with many different software programs, strong computer proficiency is a must-have.
· Leadership – R&D engineers manage research and development teams.
· Communication – R&D engineers use good verbal communication skills to collaborate with research and development team members, and written communication skills to help write detailed product plans.
· Mathematics – R&D engineers use mathematical skills to design schematics for potential products and create product dimensions.
· Analytical ability – to perform many research tasks and create design plans for products.
· Multi-tasking – as R&D engineers work on many projects at once, strong multi-tasking skills are essential.
· Organization – to manage all phases of product creation and lead multiple teams of professionals in the research and development chain.