Purpose of the post:
The position involves working closely with Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS) and other Red Cross & Red Crescent (RCRC) Partners to strengthen institutional cooperation and partnership with a focus on National Society Development. It also involves provision of support to the PRCS and cooperation staff at field level in Capacity building processes and National Society Development. As a Cooperation focal person for various files, the person will be involved in facilitation of the work relationship between PRCS National Headquarters (NHQ) and field branches and the ICRC technical departments for implementation of operational activities in areas of Communication and Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting(PMER). The job also involves general cooperation activities focusing on strengthening of systems and processes, supporting the field structures develop and sustain their own competencies, capacities and resources. The function also involves coaching ICRC and PRCS staff in PMER.
· At least 6 years work experience in a similar field, preferably with a Humanitarian Organization.
· Master’s degree in business management and/or social sciences.
· Professional certification/qualification in organizational development and project management.
· Proficiency in Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting(PMER) is a pre-requisite.
· Good leadership and analytical skills.
· Excellent command (written and spoken) of English, as well as Urdu (Pashto an asset)
· Very good computer skills
· Reporting to Cooperation Coordinator, the person will be responsible for implementation of Cooperation activities and program objectives linked to organizational development program with a focus on planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting both independently and in consultation with cooperation unit in Islamabad and in the field.
· In consultation with the line manager, s(he) will also be responsible for making program annual budgets and elaboration of quarterly plans, while also devising tools for its tracking and follow-up.
· The person will also, in close collaboration with PRCS and RCRC movement partners ensure that the organizational development and Capacity Building support is coordinated and coherent with a focus on systems & processes strengthening in the core functions.
· Take lead on doing the department’s periodical reporting, monitoring, evaluation and analysis of implementation and progress of objectives.
· Cooperation focal person for the Communication department in their programming with the PRCS.
· Assist the Cooperation Coordinator by contributing to analysis of Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement dynamics and trends that impact the ICRC’s operations; and advise and support him on issues related to coordination within the RCRC Movement; maintain a good understanding of reputational risks and potential integrity issues affecting the Movement.
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Multinational and multicultural working environment in a congenial setting.
· Competitive salary and benefits package.
· Extensive opportunities for learning and development through internal and external sources.
Are you eager to bring your enthusiasm and your skills to benefit humanitarian action and become part of the ICRC Pakistan team. Are you someone who is good in nurturing sustainable, effective partnership and have the ability of maintaining institutional relationships?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that this is a 12 months contractual position with the possibility of extension.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an international organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to ensure respect for lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavors to prevent ...Read More