Purpose of the post
The Radio Operator operates the ICRC’s telecommunications equipment. S/he maintains radio contact and telecommunications between sites, vehicles and people; so that the ICRC sub delegation can follow field movements in accordance with its program and with security rules.
• Responsible to ensure radio contacts and field follow-up according to internal guidelines and updating of all movements in field movements log.
• Preparing and sharing environmental scanning/media monitoring on daily basis with the staff.
• Proactively ensuring information flow on security-related and sharing information with Security Advisor/DHoSD/Premises Responsible about any security incident/natural disaster after working hours, weekend/public holidays.
• Responsible to follow different communication and transmission activity via telecommunications equipment.
Minimum bachelor’s degree.
Minimum 1 year work experience in the relevant field.
Good understanding & knowledge of political/social environment in KP.
Good English language skills i.e. speaking and writing.
Good computer skills especially in MS Office tools.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Multinational and multicultural working environment in a congenial setting.
• Competitive package.
• Extensive opportunities for learning and development through internal and external sources.
Are you the person we are looking for? Then please submit your cover letter and complete application on brightspyre.com online latest by 30.04.2019
We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture, as the diversity of ICRC is critical to our acceptance and the quality of our activities. We encourage individuals from different genders, and backgrounds, as well as people with disabilities, to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an international organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to ensure respect for lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavors to prevent ...Read More