We are seeking a Software Engineer who will participate in all aspects of developing and architecting new and innovative applications. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and new product development in an established company that is rapidly growing. This is a great opportunity for an engineer, who is excited about coding, search, data analysis, and solving complex problems and who enjoys building highly scalable and performance distributed systems leveraging cloud computing platforms.
What you’ll do:
● Develop front-end applications (Mobile or Web) and tools that power the VIWELL platform.
● Use your expert knowledge to bring fresh new ideas to the table.
● Analyze feature requests and then plan & implement them in a test-driven way.
● Create and review merge requests in order to achieve the best possible solution
● Exchange ideas share your knowledge with the rest of the team and participate in pair programming.
● Lead the technology strategy for our backend stack and put it in a better position.
● Implement, test, and maintain our marketplace web application React JS, react native application using the latest technologies and frameworks.
● Spec and scope of new features.
● Participate in code design, reviews, and identify and communicate front-end best practices.
● Write unit and integration tests for new and existing features.
● Design and develop software and algorithms to solve business problems and challenges while ensuring scalability, reliability, performance, and security.
● Work in cross-functional feature teams and own modules end to end from inception through a test to delivery.
● Interact with different stakeholders for requirements elicitation.
● Research on and apply new technologies and best practices.
● Design and create scalable applications for internal and public consumption
● Provide task estimations and deliver quality code on time
● Lead the technology tribe for frontend in the team, build out all related backend tech initiatives that support and improve VIWELL technology Stack and lead it to the next level.
● Excited to learn new technologies!
● Solid grasp of HTML5, SCSS, and related web technologies.
● Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals, such as common data structures and algorithms.
● Familiarity with software best practices and architectural design patterns.
● Experience with React native - Redux.
● Ability to collaborate well in a team environment.
● Ability to self-manage time and concurrent responsibilities.
● Good knowledge of Git version control (Git flow).
● Responsible for engineering execution and delivery of one or more product that is well-defined
● Own overall day-to-day quality execution for 1 or more products within a function.
Responsibilities typically include:
a. Create metrics to determine release quality
b. Define entry and exit criteria for a product to ship
c. Risk assessment
● Develop a detailed level of effort estimates
● Demonstrate sound technical judgment on implementation and architecture decisions; may be involved in test execution
● Responsible for the overall health and operability of a technology or a component/feature of a technology
● Meet product requirements: proactively propose solutions and resolve project dependencies within the scope of influence
● Differentiate issues that can be resolved from those that require escalation; create the appropriate level of visibility toward issues
● Schedule and allocate resources to meet commitments
● May partner with remote resources