International Medical Corps invites applications from candidates fulfilling the mentioned Job specifications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the identification of active community volunteers for Gender Support Group.
- Identify and report success stories, best practices and lessons learned.
- Refer GBV cases to psychosocial counselors.
- Provide assistant to field team in conducting awareness session, GSG meetings, events and trainings at field.
- Conduct awareness sessions and other awareness activities in project targeted community.
- Help the communities to develop a sense of ownership of the activities in and around their camp and encourage self-help whenever possible.
- Regularly coordinate with communities and act as a link between the community and organization in smooth implementation of projects.
- Will facilitate the community to pass their complaints to the management through CBFRM in a transparent manner.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibilities as and when needed.
- Part of emergency response team, assisting in household surveys, KAP surveys and other related work.
Compliance & Ethics:
· Adhere to organization Code of Conduct and internationally accepted humanitarian principles.
· Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within organization and amongst beneficiaries served.
· Act in a respectful and culturally sensitive manner towards the community.
· Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
· Maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance requirements and keep ethical standards and adhere to the standards.
· Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to the staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
· The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- University degree in social sciences.
- Minimum two (2) years professional experience in Community mobilization.
- Can speak fluently and understand rigorously PASHTO language.
- Will have excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Computer proficiency is a Must.
Candidates who meet the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted.
International Medical Corps provides equal employment opportunity and value diversity in
all areas of operation.