International Medical Corps invites applications from candidates fulfilling the mentioned Job specifications.
Note: International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Ensuring the effective and efficient organizing and reporting of the training events.
· Directing, coordinating and supervising the work of the training and reporting it to supervisors timely.
· Support the Sr. MHPSS Officer in the monitoring and mentoring of the field staff & stakeholders in relevant aspects of the program such as, objectives, activities, targets, indictors, quality of services delivered and so on.
· Work closely with the MHPSS Coordinator to understand program goals, coordinate with relevant stakeholders on the field and contribute to the development of new programming and building relationships.
· Develop and submit detailed work plans with the aim of contributing to the achievement of program goals, objectives and activities.
· Ensure mapping of services and referral systems are developed and updated as appropriate on regular basis.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to ensure the smooth implementation of program activities according to coordinated work plan.
- Ensure that all field staff have the necessary forms and work tools in advance.
- Support the Sr. MHPSS Officer to develop guiding materials and assist in capacity building.
- Conduct focus group discussion sessions with community elders/religious leaders and adolescents on Program basic concepts.
- Provide capacity building training to community groups & other stakeholders using participatory methods and evaluations, pre- and post- tests to monitor training effectiveness.
- Conduct exit interviews, KAP surveys, FGD and GSG capacity assessment and provide technical support to address identified needs.
- Identify, document success stories, best practices and lessons learned. Facilitate the community to pass their complaints to the management through CBFRM in a transparent manner.
- Assist in the development and testing of Behavior Change Communication (BCC) materials.
· The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Code of Conduct & Ethics:
- As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
- It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- University Degree in Psychology.
- 2+ Years’ experience of work in conducting MHPSS related trainings.
- Will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to apply innovative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be aware of Cultural sensitivities.
- Computer proficiency is a Must.