Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 39 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh, Baluchistan and Punjab provinces.
Under the supervision of the District Coordination Manager, the AVM officer officer’s primary responsibility will be to support and assist IRC Punjab project in management of cash vouchers to the project PPs and beneficiaries.
01. Support the DCM in the implementation of the program activities related to the cash vouchers of PPs project in RY Khan
02. Support the field teams in the identification and assessments of the PPs & other BIPS beneficiaries of the project to help them in processing claims(PPs) and receiving cash(clients)
03. Support PPIF team in capacity building of PPs to manage cash vouchers and redemptions process
04. Support/follow with PPs in the use of mobile applications to handle vouchers databases and relevant platforms and process payments through PPIF
05. Arrange training sessions for the team about modalities of cash vouchers to enable them to disseminate this message to the FP Champions and mother ambassadors
06. Distribute project items (mobile sets and thumb verification machines) among PPs and ensure inventory is maintained at his/her clinic
07. Keep records and manage documentation of all the transactions and related documents
08. Keep track records of the payments both in soft and hard (if required) and compute and record totals of transactions
09. Develop and share reports of the transactions to the DC Manager for review and corrective measures
10. Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions and support PPs & beneficiaries if there is any issue in processing payments
11. Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
12. Coordination with team.
13. Any other assignment which is given by the DCM
Position Reports to: District Coordination Manager
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: None
Master degree in business, accounting, social sciences, rural development or related fields
At least 1 year in vouchers management through electronic mechanisms/relevant field.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
English, Urdu and local languages
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More