Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
Job Overview/Summary. Under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager Cash, Cash transfer officer-Program primary responsibility will be to support and assist RELIEF project in the distributions of cash to the project beneficiaries for TDPs in multiple districts of KPK.
1. Support the Senior Project Manager Cash, in the implementation of the program activities related to the transfer of cash to the beneficiaries
2. Support the Implementing Partner (IP) field team in the identification, assessments/verification of the CCG/CFW beneficiaries of the project.
3. Coordinate with IP field team in timely implementation of cash component of the project.
4. Provide technical guidance to IP field team.
5. Conduct regular field visit to ensure quality implementation
6. Prepare payments sheets of the beneficiaries for payments through mobile transfer or other distribution mechanisms
7. Keep records and manage documentation of all the transactions and related documents
8. Keep track records of the payments
9. Develop and share reports of the transactions to the senior managers
10. Compute and record total of transactions
11. Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
12. Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
13. Any other assignment which is given by the Senior Manager Cash.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Manager Cash Program
Education: Master degree in social sciences, business, accounting, finance, rural development or related fields
· At least 3 year of field related experiences in cash transfers with I/NGOs
· Experience of working with mobile money transfer and other cash transfer modalities with I/NGOs
· Experience of working with livelihoods and cash transfer projects
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work as part of the team Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong commitment to social justice, promoting gender awareness and equality
- Good community participation skills -
§ Ability and willingness to travel away from home and stay in the field
Excellent computer skills in MS office specially spreadsheets
· Fluent, professional level speaking, reading and writing in English and Urdu. At this level, applicant should have:
· The ability to speak using sufficient, structured and accurate vocabulary in formal conversation;
· The ability to use the language to satisfy professional needs;
· The ability to read and write at a normal speed and with almost complete comprehension of a variety of materials, unfamiliar subjects, styles and forms pertinent to the job needs.
Working Environment: Works well in and promotes teamwork, flexible and able to handle pressure well.